Are you in?? Check for YOUR Name!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunbeam, Dee Bee,CS04, WIP, mwo2, one2many, more2life,keeta,Marbella, pamina,Noelle,theme2be,determinator,maasai,pipsque ak,bald headed old guy,shelbysmiles,readyornot,Larisa,doggygirl,gyco, cmhguy3,Madeline,patricia,teardrop,greeneyes,eviel ou,ready2change,momof2boys,1967,louise,Lukalee (our thread leader), and my personal accountablilty partner - Nurseindistress.... And to tlrgs, cindi and all our "senior" sponsors!

These are the members that signed up for an AF August.. I am sorry if I missed anyone!! We didn't all make it - but we are still here and we are still a pack of penguins:

Penguin: The Power of Team
    The flightless fairy penguin of Australia stands less than a foot tall and is clumsy on land, where the fox is its natural enemy. Alone, one penguin wouldn't survive for long. So, after each day in the water, they gather where the surf meets the shore, waiting until the last penguin joins them. Then shoulder to shoulder they march up the beach to their burrows. They support each other. They rely on each other. And everyone, except the fox, wins.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend !! WHO'S IN FOR SEPTEMBER? New Penguins welcome! We don't have to be perfect - but let's strive for progress!! Here's to an AF or an almost AF September!!
    God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Hi Spiritgirl-

Didn't do all of August but I am looking forward to a full 30 days in September

Count me in!

Comment

Count me in too
      It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Please count me in - I'm on Day 4 at the moment - Want to join you for September!!!

Comment

Penguin reporting in for duty.

Oh and very happy penquin is very pleased to report that onto day 29 we go......
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Count me in for September Spirit!!

Congrats Seen on Day 4 and congrats DB on Day 29!!! :cheering:

DG
            Day 100 AFHF
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

good mornin all,ok the gyco will join ,should be an interesting task,long weekend and all,normally i would get blitzed cause id be stoppin,and hurt for a week later,but i do think i found the answer,MY WAY OUT thnx everyone off to work now gyco

Comment

I'm still here, very happy to sign up for another month AF with all of you! Thanks for repeating the PENGUIN STORY!!

wip

Comment

Cindi here!!

Ready to take on September!!

Woo Hooo!! What a ride we are on guys!!

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi SpiritGirl,
                    I joined the August group because I hadn't been meeting my moderation goal of 3-4 glasses per week. I quit for 2 weeks, then drank most days for a week under unusual circumstances. Quit for another week.... Now I'm on a one-day -per week (max) schedule, just two glasses of wine (3 max). Quitting is easier than moderating for me, so I am essentially quitting every week. I religiously use Drink Tracker to keep myself honest, and a drink I record there is really a 5 oz. glass. My prediction is that I will get tired of quitting every week, and evolve into an occasional social drinker. I regard all of this as a learning experience for me. I wasn't ever a daily heavy drinker, and I will continually be tempted to moderate if I don't just try it. I will finish August with lots of 0's on Drink Tracker, thanks to this group.

So the short answer of this long story, I don't plan to be AF in September, so I guess I cannot be protected by the other penguins. I wll continue to post elsewhere, and cheer on others here. And I will definitely let you know if I find any more skunks in my garage.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Goal 1: Today
                      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I'm in. Day 10 for me today.
                        "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

I'm in for September!!! I am lovin' this program you guys! Kriger
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Me! Me! Thanks.

Comment

yeah count me in too

:beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                              X