Wow McCain Picked a woman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think of the man as you will, I think this was very smart on his behalf strategically. I still am going to vote for Obama, but I do admire McCain's savy on this. What do you all think?

I don't think it was a good choice considering she only has two years of experience, has five kids, just gave birth to one in April who has Down's syndrome. If something were to happen to him I don't think she sounds qualified at all to take over as President. I heard that he is hoping to get women voters by choosing her but I think he needed to pick someone with much more experience and not so many life demands.

I am praying Obama wins.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

She has more experience than Obama.
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I like her! She has done a good job juggling from what I read in Alaska. She will have a tough time in the debates with Biden however.....her lack of experience will hurt her.
        "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Her only experience before being elected governor was serving on the city council and as mayor of a town of 7,000. Holy cow. Good strategy for him, but yes, how could she possibly step in as president if this aging man dies in office. ?
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

lushy;395126 wrote: I don't think it was a good choice considering she only has two years of experience, has five kids, just gave birth to one in April who has Down's syndrome. If something were to happen to him I don't think she sounds qualified at all to take over as President. I heard that he is hoping to get women voters by choosing her but I think he needed to pick someone with much more experience and not so many life demands.

I am praying Obama wins.
            Lushy - that is a great point and I agree that his strategy may backfire...they are hoping that the pissed off Hillary supporters will jump the fence and go Republican because his running mate is a woman. I would not imagine that a Hillary supporter would jump party lines and vote Republican...I would think that if they were that angry, and they refuse to vote Obama they would go Indy, or not vote at all. And being a Mom of three, even if I was politically inclined, I would (and could) never, in a million years, agree to be in a high ranking political office. WIth politics, you can pretty much kiss your family goodbye. It takes ALL your time. I would never be in politics as a mom for a number of reasons. Biggest is that I have WAY too many skeletons in my closet....and my families closet....and my dad, well, he finally CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET....but I digresss....and you wonder why I drink. :H
            "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Yep I agree with you about the Hilary supporters. I think they would vote Indy before voting Republican. Would sort of defeat the purpose of why they were supporting her in the first place.

Comment

She is extremely pro-life. I do like the fact she sold the Gov. plane on e-bay and got rid of her security team and put that $ back in the Alaska budget.

Comment

That's a good point about the five kids, especially one with Down's Syndrome that would be spreading yourself pretty thin. Wow it's still a bigger gamble than I would have thought McCain would have taken, fair play to him.

Comment

I too am confused on this choice. It seems that McCain blew his whole strategy that Obama was inexperienced. She has less experience the Obama and due to Johny Boy's age she could very easily become an unqualified commander in chief. I also find it a strange pick because he already has the conservative vote and this is not going to lure Independent or Democratic voters. Also she is being investigated at the State level, does that already suggest dirt laundry in just a year and a half?

Its going to be an very interesting race!

Guy
                    "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Yes I heard she was being investigated on something as well but do not know the details. Need to look it up. Obama may not have too much experience either but Biden does and I think he will really bolster him.

Comment

Alaska girl has got to chime in. Sarah Palin rocks!!! Yes she is new, but she is awesome. She has done so much for us. Our feelings are mixed. We are kind of bummed because we don't want to lose her, but know what an asset she would be to this country.
                        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

AlaskaGirl
                          Please tell us more.........

We need to hear the facts minus the news media.

Nancy
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I heard her speak this morning.......the lady has some spunk !! IAD.
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

I don't follow politics very close but I can tell you from what I've heard, she's alot like most of us Alaskans. Straight forward, honest. Recently, when our state benefited from higher gas/oil prices she made sure to give some back to us to help with the winter we will be facing. I'll be getting 2 checks for $1,200 in Sep. One for me, one for my son. As will everyone else here. So far, from what I know, she has done alot of good. But there again...I really don't follow this stuff extremely close so I'm no expert.
                              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X