Wow McCain Picked a woman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Boss, for the voice of reason. Sarah is a vivacious mother, and I will not attack her on being a mother, a wife, a hunter (although I abhor guns and hunting, and shooting defenseless wolves from helicopters is just unbelievable), etc. But, the nightmare scenario is: John McCain was president, has died (one in four chance--melanoma is one of the deadliest forms of cancer, plus he is 72 years old), and Sarah Palin is President of the United States of America. Dear God! The number one threat to our planet right now is Muslim extremism. Do you really think a gun-toting, right wing, female Christian extremist will garner the respect of the leaders of the Muslim world???? PLEASE! They already believe women are procreators, and that is pretty much it. What is she going to do--wear a Burka when she practices her diplomacy with them, or is her diplomacy going to consist of "pushing the button." Please, folks, this is serious business. She's cute, she's fun. If you want to interact with her--go to Alaska on vacation. Don't vote for McCain because of Palin. Kay

Comment

KTB;410806 wrote: Thanks, Boss, for the voice of reason. Sarah is a vivacious mother, and I will not attack her on being a mother, a wife, a hunter (although I abhor guns and hunting, and shooting defenseless wolves from helicopters is just unbelievable), etc. But, the nightmare scenario is: John McCain was president, has died (one in four chance--melanoma is one of the deadliest forms of cancer, plus he is 72 years old), and Sarah Palin is President of the United States of America. Dear God! The number one threat to our planet right now is Muslim extremism. Do you really think a gun-toting, right wing, female Christian extremist will garner the respect of the leaders of the Muslim world???? PLEASE! They already believe women are procreators, and that is pretty much it. What is she going to do--wear a Burka when she practices her diplomacy with them, or is her diplomacy going to consist of "pushing the button." Please, folks, this is serious business. She's cute, she's fun. If you want to interact with her--go to Alaska on vacation. Don't vote for McCain because of Palin. Kay
      Not voting for McCain because of Palin.

Voting for McCain because of McCain.

:-)

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Damn. I spoke to my beliefs. Crap.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oh, and Kay, We should vote for Obama because the rest of the world cannot deal with a non-Burka wearing female?

Umm. I do not think so.

:H

Love,
          Cindi

Oh, and this is serious business.
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders it's okay to voice your opinion! I happen to disagree with it but I'm thankful we both live in America and CAN freely choose! :l

Comment

Cinders, the rest of the world has dealt with non-Burka wearing females, but you can hardly put Sarah Palin in the same league with Margaret Thatcher, Indira Ghandi, and Golda Mayer (sp?). But, the climate has changed. We need a leader who can reach out to the rest of the world and restore the respect we once had. I believe we can fight to the end of time and we will never defeat this foe. We can draft our children and send them to every Muslim country on this planet and we WILL NOT win. Our only option is to mend our fences with our allies who have lost faith with us because of the disastrous Bush administration, employ every diplomatic rabbit we can pull out of our collective hats, and pray that we can start changing the way the world feels about us right now.

That being said, living on the Alabama state line, in Georgia, driving a hybrid Toyota Prius with an Obama 08 sticker on my car, I have been yelled at, cut off, given the finger, and almost run off the road. We know it's not about the issues--it's about who's black and who's white. That's just the way it is here in the South. Sad. Kay

Comment

Janie, Perhaps to level the playing field? :H Kay

Comment

:H:H

Oh, and I don't live in the south.

Just on the Alabama, Tennessee border.

Umm. No, that is north of the Mason Dixon Line, umm, I think? Not.

Yes. Here where I live many are voting for Obama, and many drive Priuses ?sp??

However, no one here shoots the finger, name calls or anything.

You might want to move here.

It is a good place.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Someone has an attitude?
                    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                    :h

Comment

Anyone see Tina Fey this weekend on SNL....pretty funny huh? Seriously now, the next 2 months will be interesting. It's amazing, the ire that's been riled.
                      omw
                      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Ready,

A southern woman with an attitude?

No way!!! :H

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

btw, Hart.

:l:l

Thank you.

This is why I love MWO and my friends here.

We can agree to disagree and not point fingers or make generalizations about us.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Believe me, Cindi, I would love to move, but all the kids and grandkids are here (and my husband's job--at least for now). Are you near Memphis? Definitely a totally different vibe in that part of the South. Believe it or not, I think it is the music and the food that sort of brings everyone together. I know it is that way in Louisiana. Sadly, we have neither here. Kay

Comment

KTB,

Nowhere near Memphis. About 6 hours away by car.

I live near Huntsville

It did make me sad to hear about your experience.

Where I live, people would just not do that kind of thing.

I live in a beautiful place. A beautiful city, okay, okay, not city, town, ups, not town. Okay we have a Hardees and a Piggly Wiggly.

However, the people here are kind, gentle and loving. No finger pointing, no yelling. We all live together as one. Deep south and we are all intelligent.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

And most of us have teeth!!!!!!!!!:H

KTB... you live way to close to Atlanta...everybody knows is't not really in the south!!

I live between Birmingham and Montgomery....
                                Sarah Palin would fit right in here.
                                Obama? He may have to live down the picture of him in a "dress"....
                                Just kidding folks!!!!!

:hNancy
                                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                                X