Wow McCain Picked a woman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Lushy! Miso, I do not appreciate you calling me lazy, as I am not. I thought that you were serious about wanting to understand what Obamas education, job experience and track record in the Senate are. The facts!

I also do not believe that 26 years in the Senate as a professional politician, makes one qualified.
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

if Obama taught constitutional law it's even more of an indictment to him that he has such a lack of respect or understanding of our 2nd amendment. Yes I will admit I'm mostly a single issue voter.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Our government was set up so that one person or entity could not have too much power. They believed the federal government should share power with the states. From what I have read, Obama believes that on the issue of gun control, the states should be able to pass laws on gun control based on their particular needs. But what he believes is completely mute. Because of our system of checks and balances, the Supreme Court justices are truely the ones who decide on the consitutional basis of laws; in June of this year, they struck down the D.C. ban on guns. In order to change this, Congress would have to amend the Constitution, and that will never happen.
        Goal 1: Today
        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Debates! And I agree with the just vote! I get very upset when someone just rags on and on about stuff and then says they didn't bother to vote. Maybe if more of those people who do, did, we wouldn't have the current situation we find ourselves in now! People fought for our right to vote and I feel proud and entitled that I can do so!

Comment

Politicks make for strange bedfellows !! IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

I agree Hart, I too am looking forward to the debates.......bring them on! I also agree with our right to vote and the responsibility that goes along with voting. It is unfortunate that so many in our country take our rights and freedom for granted!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Yeah the debates should be... interesting (!) to say the least; I don't usually watch them because they so often seem to just be mini-speeches, so canned... but this match-up is SO unbalanced both as to the Pres candidates and the VP candidates, good heavens, it will be damn near a spectacle (and possibly even could be seen as unfairly so), to see McCain and Palin try to speak intelligently about much of anything.

And, damn right I am going to vote.

wip

Comment

I am so enjoying this thread, but what is the second amendment? (Please don't laugh at me)

Comment

oooh - you're a gun nut, Determinator!!!
                    When I move, we are going to have a airsoft shooting range in the back yard. Unfortunately, BBs are illegal in the city...

Comment

The right to bear arms, Lila

Comment

I laugh every time my students write, 'The right to "bare" arms.' LOL
                        Goal 1: Today
                        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Well Luka, they have a right to them!~ :H

Comment

Hang on tight ... it should be an interesting race!
                            Tiny

Comment

Okay, I hope this doesn't get contentious, but does anyone really believe that the Iraq war was about protecting America, and they were linked to 9/11? Iraq is rich in oil and water, which is really precious over there, so it was a fabulous country to colonize, which I think is what it is about.

Comment

I believe it has been proven that the war in Iraq is not and was never about 9/11, nor about protecting the US. I am still baffled as to why Bush was not impeached over this whole thing!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X