Wow McCain Picked a woman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to leave soon, but I have a question for Det. What do we do? I don't want to sound naive, but I really don't know where we begin. How do we protect 2nd Amendment rights while keeping guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them. People will always be able to obtain them illegally, whether it is the street thug or someone smuggling them and selling them to countries in the midst of a civil war. In other words, what the fuck do we do?
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I've never followed politics extremely close. Having our Governor put in the race has made me take notice for sure. The one thing I am sure of, I am definitely conservative. I will have to look into the candidates a little more. When I use my right to vote I want it to be an educated vote.
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Good thoughts, AK. Nothing like having it brought to our own back yard to make us think. I'll say it again, I LIKE that girl. As far as having too much on her plate, with family, etc., what's running a country in contrast to running a family as diverse as hers? I'm conservative, too. I waited 5 years, through all the red tape, to obtain disability. Have a laundry list of med problems, not even counting AL. What do people do who don't have any other way to live while they wait? I had to face a judge, on a day my MS,OA,FMS, every other initial, was excruciating, 100 miles from my home. Don't want a free ride, just what I've earned in my lifetime. 1 person, 1 vote. Sorry if some are tired of hearing that, but, to me, that's what this country's about.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Lukalee here is your answer: there are more good guys than bad guys. so arm the good guys! it's really that simple when it all boils down to the truth.

and tell your local politicians to stop treating you like a stupid idiot. we KNOW that it's criminals that need to be controlled....not inanimate pieces of metal.

and to be honest...what exactly do we need to fix? guns are used approx 2.3 millions times in the US to PREVENT violence. and in 75% of those cases just the presence of the gun by the good guy de-escalates the encounter. Sounds like things are working out pretty well to me. Mind you If you listen to the media you will get a completely distorted fantasy version of reality. and yes....be treated like an idiot once again.

if you want to change things for the better then introduce a newbie to the discipline of marksmanship. it's even more American than apple pie.

and...you will never be offered a drink at a shooting range!!!!!!!!!!!!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey, Det, I agree. But 135# Rottie also makes EVERYONE take a step back. My husband could sleep through a home invasion. Berit hears a leaf hit the roof. LOVE my girl, and she loves me.

Just a note: Husband has gun license, so we're always packin'.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Rubywillow bless your heart!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Oh Det..........You KNOW how much I love you and Mrs. D?:h
                I think the gun question is alot like our locked gate question.....
                Gates only keep the "good" guys out!
                The bad guys will run the gate ....with a gun.....so we had better have one also. The bad guys WILL find a way...legal or not.
                We're not giving up our "right" to protect our home and property...
                Just my thoughts....
                Nancy
                And add big bad Belle to that mix!!!
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

If the McCain camp thinks Hillary supporters are going to vote for Sarah because she is a woman, it is crazy. This particular woman goes against everything Hillary supporters believe in. She is a pro-life/anti-abortion, gun toting, homeschooling, ex-beauty queen. What were they thinking? Kay

Comment

He is bi-racial. Just as much white as black. He just identifies more with the black race.

Comment

Message deleted
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Sarah Palin for VP

As a long time resident of Alaska, I have known and supported Sarah Palin at every level of her political career. She has consistently shown integrity, honesty, clarity and conviction, never flinching at taking on the "good old boys" of both parties when they showed their corruption. She is smart, fast and funny, and will turn flannel mouths like Biden inside out in the debates. Nominating her was a brilliant move by McCain.
                        As to experience, remember that Abraham Lincoln held only two offices by the time he was elected president and was defeated five other times. By contrast, no one is more experienced than Donald Rumsfeld or Dick Cheney, but does that make them good presidential material? Is it not their judgment and integrity that we should focus on?
                        Her nomination is more than precedent setting (pun intended). Watch this woman, she is bringing us a new and fresh era in American Politics.

Comment

Thanks for your comments bonehead. It's great hearing from those who live in Alaska. I really LIKE what I know of Sara .... she has my ears listening!!!
                          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

"I would much rather have common sense than experience in DC."

Me too and....

yes...thank you RJ!
                            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I was surprised to hear today that her 17 YO daughter is five months pregnant. This woman must handle stress well is all I can say.
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Yes, and this "Troopergate" deal I've been hearing about today (saying she used her position to force the firing of her sister's ex-husband, who was a trooper).
                                Hmmm, baggage anyone?
                                FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Working...
                                X