Wow McCain Picked a woman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They all come with baggage................hell don't we all.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

It will be very interesting to see Palins "baggage unpacked"! This is a very critical election for our country. The past eight years has hurt the US greatly on every level. The next administration is going to have a lot of work to do to even begin to unravel the mess that the Bush administration is leaving behind. I am not keen on Palin, but that being said, should McCain be elected, this will be the McCain administration and this will not be the Palin administration. McCain means more of the last eight years. The very thought of that scares me to death!
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Interesting. I had a long talk with both of my sons who are in their low 20's about this. We have always talked politics in my family. They always call me to talk. They both had the same reaction I did to the Palin nomination, although my reaction was understandably stronger.

I thought this was an insult to me as a woman. The idea that McCain could nominate someone who just finished serving as a mayor of a town of 9,000 people, who said herself that she thought the VP doesn't really do anything, who admitted that she doesn't keep up with foreign affairs and who is currently involved in a potential power scandal in her own state - to nominate her as a token female is insulting. Does he think women are so stupid that they will vote for him because he has a female running mate? As far as I can tell, she is against everything that I as a woman have worked for and care for.

I don't vote based on gender or any other biological trait. I make intelligent choices based on reason.
        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Totally agree with you Kate! And Mags, great post.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

bonehead;396708 wrote: As a long time resident of Alaska...
            Bonehead can you explain some things for me.

How much do people in Alaska really care about the lower 48? I mean our whole economy and war effort is largely separate from your oil/fishing/resources economy there locally?

We've already heard Ms. Palin doesn't watch the national news. Is that common or uncommon for Alaskans?

I've only been to Alaska once, but my impression was that Alaskan's in general are pretty isolated from national politics.

Just curious as to your opinions. Thanks!

Comment

I won't vote for McCaine because like Bush he's not a true conservative.

and I won't vote for Obama because Marxism doesn't sit well with me.

I might just vote for Ron Paul just to be ornery. Unless of course we can get RJ to run. Lushy...wouldn't you have more fun being press secretary instead of pres?
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Nope, I like to be in control. I promise I will moderate if I am elected President.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

We are not isolated in politics, just have different views on what it should mean. I think she is very down to earth. Something we need more of in politics. Just my opinion

Comment

We do consider ourselves separate sometimes...but are all for country, And very proud to be.

Comment

Deter, I though Ron Paul was a hoot. I heard him speak a few times, and he seemed like the most honest person in the room. I would seriously consider voting for him if he was a serious contender. There is a lot to be said for a true conservative. It's these neo-cons that drive me nuts. I will always be liberal on social issues though. ;-)
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Great points about Ron Paul, Det and Young....I too was very impressed by him. He definitely has well thought out plans for this country. Too bad the Repub, party blew him off!

In Palins acceptance speach she spoke of the 18 million votes for Hillary and made a statement assuming the votes were hers, Palins, for the taking. Sorry, but I am completely with Mags on this one. The only thing Palin and Hillary have in common is gender. I would never cast my vote on the basis of gender, race or local pride. Frankly, Palin does not represent my thoughts at all!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

My apologies, question was directed to bonehead.

Comment

No worries, akgirl......so sorry that you were called bonehead, that was completely uncalled for. We all have our own thoughts and opinions and this has been a cordial discussion.....I hope that can continue!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

no, I wasn't called bonehead. LOL There is a member with that name from Alaska
                              Thanks though

Comment

that's what I thought too!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X