Wow McCain Picked a woman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH!! Ok....LOL....it has been a bit crazy around here lately!!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Too funny.....I am a bonehead sometimes, I can tell you that
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

anyone read the Joseph Farah book "none of the above" ? I'm so discouraged by our tweedle dee or tweedle dumb options that I think he's spot on.

yes Kate it is sad the Republicrats threw Ron Paul under the bus. Neither party wants to let us have a 3rd party option to their two party illusionary trap. if we want a way out of party politics as usual we will have to tear down the walls ourself. a peaceful revolution needs to start now!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/None-Above-2008-Ultimate-Protest/dp/1935071017/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220380688&sr= 8-1]Amazon.com: None of the Above: Why 2008 Is the Year to Cast the Ultimate Protest Vote: Joseph Farah: Books[/ame]
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

So I hear she is against stem cell research. That I just cannot tolerate. Both of my parents lives could have been saved if stem cell research existed and I don't understand how anyone can be against it. Stem cells can be harvested from other places than embryos so I don't see what the argument is.

Frankly, I am not thrilled with either of our choices this year and it really unnerves me. We have SO much to recuperate from after the Bush Disaster and I am afraid it is not going to happen any time soon. Obama seems to me to be the better choice but he comes across as a more of a preacher to me, not a politician.

Ugh, I just wish I felt confident in one or the other and I do not.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Lushy, I completely agree on the stem cell research point....completely!! I also heard on CNN that Palin shot down "Sex Education" and condom availability in High Schools. I guess that sadly we see the results of her decision on a very personal level for her family. Frankly, I just do not like this woman. McCain is totally out of touch and completely in bed with Bush and the current Republican croanies in DC.

I do like Barak. I think he will surround himself with strong advisors.I believe he will make sound decisions and that he will keep a level head. Our country is in very dire straights, we need a strong leader, and one with intelligence who is unafraid to seek the advice and expertise of experts in their field.

By the way, I too had a favorite candidate, unfortunately he is not in the running!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Advisers are the key. The President hasn't run the country since way before Nixon. The president simply chooses advisers who help make key decisions.

So look not at the person, but look into the adviser team that the candidate has chosen for the campaign. I think this is a good indication of how they will lead. You can probably just start googling Obama Adviser and McCain Adviser on Google News to get a feel for both sides.

Comment

Palin supports creationism to be at least discussed if not taught in schools.

That's VERY scary to me.
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Amen, Mags.

(Intentional joke.)

-HopefulNow
                  Taking it all in

Comment

Are you serious???
                    Teaching creationalism is like being asked to go under as a country. How can we lead in science and all that if - if - we won't even teach it, if we teach religion instead of academics! I just truly don't understand.
                    But, as someone said earlier, does it matter? Or is it the advisors that really do?

Comment

I don't understand why science can't be taught as that - science, and reliegious beliefs as the same, beliefs. That are both part of our history and future, and we are free to choose what we believe. My religious beliefs are deep, and personal, but I follow the developments in science and medicine avidly.
                      The lines keep changing. We have to know who we are and not sway with the wind. I'm willing to listen to other ideas, hopefully without feeling anger if theirs are different from mine. If we all thought and acted alike, it would be a strange world indeed. Choice. We're lucky it's ours. And keep posting yours, just don't expect them to change the world. That's my story and I'm stickin' too it.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Science is not about beliefs - it is constantly challenging itself, proving or disproving. If we 'choose' what we believe, how can we develop medicines, etc, etc, everything, if the attitude is just believe what you want?
                        I mean in laboratories, etc, not in churches. Our future scientists won't be future scientists if they are not taught scientific thinking.

Comment

No, Lila, what I said was to SEPARATE the two. Our beliefs DO influence how we feel about some medical advances, but those are choices. Science is based on proofs, tho sometimes they change. Religion is based on beliefs. I try not to combine the two. Sorry if I didn't state that clearly. When I make my choices on abortion, stem cell research, etc., I admit my beliefs about life affect them, but I try to educate myself, and I see the other side. After all, it's just my opinion, and it doesn't make it a truth. I respect both your opinion and your willingness to put it out there.
                          sigpic
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

yes, now I get what you are saying. Sometimes I don't read posts very well, and miss the meaning a bit. Yes, our beliefs help us navigate thru life and how we approach it.
                            This is a very interesting thread to me, esp. since I don't read the paper lately or watch the news.

I am still worried, personally, about what I see as a dangerous trend.

Comment

Palin's Baby Daddy

Maybe the campaign aids should help him with his MySpace page...

Teen Dad Levi Johnston: a Field Guide

Comment

As for the pregnancy issue, stuff happens (to everyone). The world SEEMS to worship those in Hollywood who flaunt their, well, everything, and especially the sad, worn-out Sprears girls. They are a train wreck, and stardom did it. Not being from the south, or even being from greedy, manipulative parents who(I feel) sold them. How can the Hollywood liberals feed on that, yet pounce on a mother with a pregnant 17-yr-old, who is Republican. When I see slants toward any side in reporting, I discount that info immediately. It's REPORTING, after all. Hang on to seats, guys. We're in for a bumpy ride!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X