• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow McCain Picked a woman!

Quack!

Comment

Let me also say that Sales Training 101 teaches the Presumptive Close. I will say that Obama has nailed the Presumptive Close. McCain is getting better.

On another note-

I educated government employees as an outside vendor 3x today on their own friggin policy. And I see the orders they place for $1000 items when they could order a $3 item to do the exact job.

Sorry. I will get off soap box. Just passionate about the waste.

Oh yeah- DO NOT EVEN TALK TO THEM ABOUT REDUNDANCY IN SYSTEMS. THEY HAVE NO CLUE.

Comment

Dexterfoot,
        As a teacher in my state, most districts pay for premiums. The problem is that they pay 0% for dependants. Even though I am a single mother of two who does not get child support, I still make too much to qualify for any kind of assistance, so my kids don't have health insurance, and I just cross my fingers that nothing happens. There's no way I could pay the premiums, but I could arrange a payment plan with a private doctor or hospital if I had to.
        Goal 1: Today
        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Kate,
          I am in Tucson too. Superintendent.....hmmm......Maybe you can find me a new job. LOL
          Goal 1: Today
          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Luka, I hear you. There is no excuse for this! That is why in my response to Det, I said that teachers are underpaid. This is why, good teachers are forced to go to the private sector, this is unacceptable! And, one of the reason that your state has so little money is the illegals.....who educate their children without paying any taxes! John McCain has stated that he will offer amnesty to illegals!! Crazy!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hang in there, Det. Knowing something about the inside workings, you're right. We shouldn't be able to sleep.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Luk, that's horrible.:l:l
                Love,
                The Dexterfoot
                PS:love your new avatar
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I haven't completely read the whole thread, but I must respond to what Deter posted a couple of pages back regarding education in poor countries like India.

While overall a poor nation, India has had a wealthy class who has been able to send their children to Western institutions for their educations. Some of these Indians return to India and give of themselves to the country's benefit. More and more Indians are getting educated, and India has now developed a middle class.

As far as I know, many Indians are still quite poor and live in rural villages. They are still not getting an education.

I do like some of your other thoughts though, Deter. I know a number of federal workers, and some of them are truly dedicated to their jobs. I also know a number who are exactly as you describe.

Oh and LoriSunshine, thank you for responding to my question. I appreciate your thoughtful response.
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Usually, when we have big problems, these problems have developed over time. There are no quick answer and simple answers to these complex problems. Over time, these problems have become multi-level and multi faceted. Education is one of those issues. I have already posted a reply to Det here, so I will not repeat it......

What really bothers me is the religious ferver that Palin is now bringing to the McCain campaign. We heard this whole, evangelical platform from George Bush and have lived with this platform for eight years. During that time, we have been lied to, numerous time, our country is in a mess at every level. John McCain has been right by Bush's side the entire time, proudly exclaiming that he has voted with Bush 90% of the time. Now, he is saying that he will be Bi-partisan and bring much needed change.....talk about "Flip Flopping". Sara Palin gives a rousing speach. She is a skilled orator, she does, after all hold a degree in journalism and has been a sports caster. But, she is yet to grant even one interview to the press! Not one! We have no idea who she is really, or how she intends to accomplish any of the goals she speaks about. Wouldn't we think that she would want to share her ideas with the American people? This whole McCain campaign wreaks of lies and empty promises, no wonder, it is being run by a "Rove", style campaign manager. I sincerly hope that the American people will pay attention to the issues that we are facing and listen carefully to all of the candidates and make a wise choice this time. We simply cannot afford more of the same!
                    XXX To All!
                    Kate

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Kate, I'm with you. Very interesting article in the Anchorage Daily News today. An excerpt:
                      Pray for the construction of the $30 billion natural gas pipeline, Palin told them (young people at a religious assembly). Pray for the military men and women overseas, "that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending (U.S. soldiers) out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for -- that there is a plan and it's God's plan."
                      She just said this in June --
                      U.S. military operations are a plan from God??????? 4,500 U.S. soldiers dead, tens of thousands of Iraqis, and this is God's work???
                      The God I believe in isn't a warmonger.
                      Are we back in the Crusades ??!??
                      I want to cry.
                      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Heya Dex,

I also read of this speach and many like it on the Washington Post website. Shocking! and shows how horribly mislead Palin is with her own power. Did God speak directly with Palin concerning his will? Did God tell Palin that he cares more about a pipeline than human life, or millions in Africa, dying because of lack of clean water, let alone food an medicine? Separation of Church and State, is one of the solid foundations of this country! Anything other than this separation is extremely dangerous and destructive!

I wish people would think about the fact that George W. Bush, campaigned on an Evangelical Christian platform but his time in the White House has been nothing but, lies, personal greed, gross abuse of personal power and his pricipals and beliefs have brought this country to the lowest point in modern history! We have seen what this form of government brings, nothing but a downfall!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hello all,

I've spent the last hour reading this thread. I will say this. I haven't had one thought about a drink for an entire hour!!!! What continually amazes me is the hope we Americans have every 4 years that somehow, someway things will be better than in the past - that problems that have been brewing for decades will be addressed - that our huge bureaucracy aka the federal government will begin to operate in a semi-effective manner. Alas, we are constantly disappointed. Not to sound overly pessimistic, but I think the most we can hope for is that whoever occupies the oval office won't make things a whole lot worse than they are. Those of us who have been blessed with an education and prosperity will get up and go to work just like the day before, and those of us who have struggled with poverty, violence and loss of hope will despair another day. Thank goodness there are sites like MWO to help those who struggle with alcohol. Notice no government sponsorship here.

I have lost my respect for the major political parties, as I see a group of people more interested in their own positions of power than in any real effort to make the country/world a better place. The altruistic person just doesn't have what it takes to survive our political process. That said, here's my idea: elect every 4 years the person from the party opposite the current one. They have perhaps 2 years to try "their way." If they screw things up horribly, the American public will vote their party out in the congressional races which will make their second 2 years a moot point. If they do some good things, they get another 2 years. So accordingly, I'm voting for Obama. Nobody - I mean NOBODY - could do more harm than George Bush.

Vera-b

Comment

Wow Vera, your post summed up EXACTLY how I feel. Well put.
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

me, too.

Comment

Vera, I totally hear what you are saying and I also think that you have made some very valid points. It is unfortunate that Ego, will always be present with leaders, any leaders. But, some leaders are able to curb their ego enough to bring this country to a better place. We NEED that sort of a leader now.....Can anyone do worse than Bush (hard to believe!!) but, I think the answer is Yes, McCain could!

OMG! I was in utter disbelief when McCain was interviewed by Charlie Gibson on Friday night! When McCain asked how he could make a statement, that Palin has more Foriegn Policy experience than Barack or Biden, he actually said,"Well Palin lives in Alaska, that is very close to Russia", she has to be constantly aware of Russia! What the heck!?!?!? And people are going to vote for this guy??????

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X