Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow McCain Picked a woman!

No?

In Oklahoma and parts of Texas every year they have a "cow patty" throwing contest.

It is a big deal. Prizes and everything.

It comes somewhere before the rattlesnack hunt and barbecue. :H

So, feces slinging isn't always a bad thing. I guess....

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

thanks for lightening it up, Cindi and Hart. They throw cow chips here as well
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

it was obviously a joke you guys....I tried to incorporate every cliche on record into one post...I thought that was obvious. And if you read back you will see that I'm the biggest critic of the republican party and never claimed McCain was getting my vote EVER. (and he won't).

I'd like to thank those of you that have PM'd your thanks and encouragement to me in this thread but I must pass the reigns on to you now as I've said that partisan politics has really gotten on my nerves again. I am instead reinstating myself as "philosophical humorist". Please hold my calls.

so...conservatives? stand up for yourselves if you dare!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

sorry Det, didn't understand it was a joke, thought it was angry sarcasm, as I don't know you that well. Just another example of reading a post and misinterpreting its intention. Also, I make the mistake of reading the political comments on the local newspaper site and a lot of them are much like that so I responded with anger, being rather worked up about the election
          Peace and garlic
          eace:

Comment

it's ok Dexter, I have a very dry sense of humor. I'm politicked-out and now just in silly mode. don't you worry I will be making just as much fun of my "old" party. I make fun of everything and everybody...no discrimination!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

ugghhhhh ... giant stew of distortions and falsehoods that I could refute point by point ...
              OK only just this one: Although Barack Obama has said that he supports civil unions, he is against gay marriage. In an interview with the Chicago Daily Tribune, Obama said, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."
              but I promise I will never visit this thread again. MWO is about improving my mental health, not the opposite

Comment

Det, in the future, when you are making a joke would you please replace the word, Cool Aid with Garlic??? Then I would get it!!!
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

More 2,

I have a couple of projects to finish for work. But I will get back to your post! I too see many of these so called facts as not facts at all!

One item that I will speak to right now is "Military Service". McCain went into the Navy during the Viet Nam war. After college, men were either drafted or they enlisted. It was war time.

Obama, was raised during Peace Time. He chosed Law School and Public Service. There was no war and no draft.

McCain, was a prisoner of war and was fortunate to come home alive. No doubt he suffered (as he reminded us all during his speach!) and he served our country well. But, I do not see how his military experience entitles him to the presidency. I also do not see the point in the fact that Barack chose another honorable path to be a detriment to him.

Many soldiers returned from Viet Nam, The Gulf War, Iraq and Afganistan, with honors. Many returned mamed for life and many as true heroes. Many of these soldiers our government has ignored completely after their loyal service, with minimal medical care and little to no support.

I must say that I was shocked, that none of McCains record of 26 years as a Senator war mentioned during the RNC, but over and over we both watched and heard of the horrors of his prisoner of war experience.

Just some of my thoughts on this topic!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

just food for thought: can you imagine how this thread would have gone if we'd been drinking?

eeeeeeeeeek!

Garlic-aid it is
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

I applaud everyone on this thread for making this the most civilized discussion on politics that I have ever "seen". Truly, even the skirmishes have been evened out very nicely.

Deter, the thought of our posting on this thread while drinking just makes me want to lock myself up in a rubber room. Or maybe the rest of you...I'm still thinking about it.
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Or if my relatives had been around...?
                        Deter, just TRY to stay off this thread!!!
                        You know you'll be back!

Comment

Watching from afar, I'm thoroughly enjoying this civilized discussion. Thank you.

Comment

Det....No!! I definitely do not want to know!!!

No amount of Garlic in the world would have saved us from ourselves! Not to mention all the freaking Typos!!!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Oh, please stop me . . .

I read One2's post and got stuck on the gay marriage point. I know I'm going to regret this, so hold onto your hat. I offer some food for thought (no drink, however). My state of Massachusetts allowed gay marriage after a ruling by the State Supreme Judicial Court found that to deny gays the right to marry was a violation of their equal rights under the law. There was instant fear in the land. What would happen to all the hetero marriages? Would this lead to marriages between cousins or the family dog? Would society as we know it come to a screeching halt? Is this what caused the Roman Empire to collapse?

Well, I can tell you exactly what has happened in the 2 plus years since this took place. Exactly NOTHING!!!! We still have Cambridge as the leftist capital of the country, and Mitt Romney holds court at his manse in Belmont. We do pretty well on the SAT's and no amount of gay marriage woes will heal Tom Brady's knee any faster than next season. The Red Sox have a wild card chance and it's easier to get to the Cape with the elimination of the rotary before the Sagamore Bridge.

And just to show ya'll that I'm a political chicken, I'm going to bed so that my computer doesn't blow up with responses. I really don't give a fig if any presidential candidate likes/dislikes/approves/disapproves of gay marriage. The only person that cares about such things are the gays that plan to tie the old knot. God bless them.

Vera-b

Comment

LOL bless your heart Vera, that was well put and I agree wholeheartedly.
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X