Wow McCain Picked a woman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trackman, sorry to be suspicious, but when someone joins the site only to post on one thread not relating to alcohol, it often turns out to be a current member using a different screen name, for whatever reason. My apologies if that is not the case
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

hmmmm... anyways, LOVED that earlier comment - 'Caribou Barbie' - I have been laughing all day! I don't like her,no matter how cute. And I DON'T like the neocons.

Comment

The "Caribou Barbie" thing is really hilarious! I do not like her at all.....Her lies and antics really make her completely unlikable......why is middle america buying her whole, "Hockey Mom" charade? Why does that even matter?
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Where do you get this stuff?
          Only 8 months ago, McCain bragged about voting with Bush 90% of the time. Now he claims to have "REFORMED", Washington.....when? What reform? The McCain campaign keeps lying about Obamas tax plans, his record of community reform etc.

Sara Palin had been caught red handed in multiple lies and she has only been on the campaign trail for less than 2 weeks. Two of her major lies, "She sold the Jet on Ebay" and she told the Federal Government "Thank but no thanks" to the Bridge to No where. Funny thing though, she has failed to tell the American Public that she kept the $398 Million Dollars appropiated for this bridge! Funny, you can't take out a mortgage, not buy the house, but keep the money!

Just this week when the topic of the Feds bailing out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Palins response was, that these two Organizations had been costing the tax payers too much money?????? She had no idea these were not Government Organizations, but rather, Private companies?

I am looking forward to the next few weeks as much of this unfolds and the American public can see Palin put in a position to be interviewed and have to back up her claims.

By the way.....I can recite a little Hebrew.....I think it sounds beautiful......what does that mean about me?

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

More2 we do have very different opinions on this for sure. I honestly believe that voting for McCain will put this country in serious jeopardy. Middle America voted for George Bush, not once but twice! Look where that has gotten us! In my opinion, Palin is Bush to the tenth power! That is really frightening!

I have never heard the Muslim call to prayer. Frankly I want nothing to do with that religion. I have no idea what the context of this statement was, if it was made. In fact, I find a lot of religion unappealing. It seems these days, so much of religion is about hatred instead of love, judgment rather than forgiveness and this is not the God that I believe in.

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Comment

Wow! Dex.....you have been doing some "homework"!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

More2: I am sorry. I thought that was the implication. I am deleting the post.

Comment

Thanks for deleting that post Dex. It ruins a good debate when Cynicism enters the room.

I really am interested in a healthy debate here. I don't have much to add - as I really am watching from the outside in. I wish their was another choice to vote for. I am struggling with the fact that we are living in very strange times, and the entire political system is filled with lies and games on ALL sides. I really and truthfully liked what I saw of Ron Paul! Does anyone know if he is running as an independent?

On one hand we can ALL find something we like and dislike about EACH candidate. The hard part is trying to figure out who's lies will cost us dearly (and I don't mean $$)
                    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

This whole Bridge to No Where thing keeps getting more interesting all the time. Palin never said anything to Congress......"Thanks but no Thanks" was never said by her. She never went up against Washington at all.........what she did do was Apply for the "Pork Belly Funds" for the Bridge, then, at the last moment, pulled out the state funding for the project and she killed the project. This allowed her to use the funds for other road and bridge projects.......Another HUGE deception on her part!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I think I recall an incident when Obama neglegted to put his hand over his heart during the National Anthem. It would be tough for the men and women who serve our country to be expected to uphold customs and courtesies when the commander in chief refuses.

Comment

Sorry Oky and others, but I think too much has been made of Obama's supposed lack of patiotism. Do we honestly think that anyone running for President of the United States is lukewarm about the country? That he might skip a few cabinet meetings because he's got something better to do? That he'll spend more time abroad vacationing than seeing to the work of the government? Stuff like that clouds the more important issues - like who might have the "weight" to get Congress to move on needed reform.

High on my list of some reforms is the Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae bailout. I'm a free market capitalist like the next person. But when these companies that represent the largest sources of mortgage financing are allowed to freely buy questionable mortgages whose default can throw the entire economy into jeopardy, I think a little government oversight is called for. Now the American taxpayer is bailing out these companies, and the reported golden parachutes for the top execs is appalling. The Republicans have been the traditional business friendly group and I'm all for that, but there has been no effective watchdog looking out for the American taxpayer here. I'm willing to give Mr. Obama a shot to see if there is any chance a change in party will shake up the status quo. :gramps:

Vera-b

Comment

livingfree;405566 wrote: Thanks for deleting that post Dex. It ruins a good debate when Cynicism enters the room.

I really am interested in a healthy debate here. I don't have much to add - as I really am watching from the outside in. I wish their was another choice to vote for. I am struggling with the fact that we are living in very strange times, and the entire political system is filled with lies and games on ALL sides. I really and truthfully liked what I saw of Ron Paul! Does anyone know if he is running as an independent?

On one hand we can ALL find something we like and dislike about EACH candidate. The hard part is trying to figure out who's lies will cost us dearly (and I don't mean $$)
                            hey liv, thank you for bringing up the Libertarian party. Also:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/None-Above-2008-Ultimate-Protest/dp/1935071017/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221016600&sr= 1-1]Amazon.com: None of the Above: Why 2008 Is the Year to Cast the Ultimate Protest Vote: Joseph Farah: Books[/ame]
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Awesome Det - I ordered it! I used to read Worldnet daily - and in the past couple of years haven't followed as close. Joseph Farah is reliable and always gets my brain thinking. I can't wait to read it. Thanks for that!
                              AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

my pleasure hon. he gave a great interview on the radio speaking about the book etc...that's what piqued my interest.
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X