Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow McCain Picked a woman!

Nancy, thank you. I will never forget.

to answer your question: we need a warrior to lead us in this ongoing battle.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

You guys make me laugh and cry all in a matter of moments! Det the YouTube video is a riot. We just have to stop and see the humor in all of this once and awhile. I personally thought the pig/lipstick comment was humorous. Not funny - but humorous. Esp. given that I am an Esthetician. I'll promote lipstick now with new vigor. Kate - you on board hon?! We have a new venue.

Nancy - I saw Joel Rosenberg speak last year. He is a very informed man - and his books are the best. I would recommend The Epicenter to anyone. With his Russian Roots and a Messianic Jew - he is worth taking serious. His contacts in Israel are at the top of the ladder. A Brilliant man.

SK - where do you live if I might ask? We are seeing more and more of this in our country. It's going to get worse. But the USA will be no different than anywhere in the world. The move is to make us the America's - Canada, US and Mexico. Yep - that's the future. Bleak that is is. We can all thank George W. for advancing that adgenda. But it wasn't his grand idea. It's been moving that direction for a long time.

So - that's that for now
      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Vera,Thank God for New Englanders. Kay

Comment

Liv, indeed you are spot on. the push for globalism in the US was not Bushs bright idea...in fact I don't recall him having any bright ideas (Kate you got a high 5 for me sister?)
          it comes from the real power players that you will never see in the news. Names we wouldn't recognize if we saw them. The people pulling the strings are smart enough to stay out of the news. Presidents are just 'chew toys' for the masses. we get all excited and emotional about them but they are just something for us to focus on and get all excited about while changing nothing.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Don't worry about Palin's son.
            I can tell you that the Army, Navy, Air Force and the Marines have his back!

and if he is called on to give all.....he will do it with honor.

We need to worry about keeping our military ready and strong. Maybe we need the draft again so it will be fair for all!
            And everyone will understand....
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

the draft...? Maybe if there was a draft, there would be more outcry about this illegal war. Why did we go to Iraq, but then hire out the capture of Bin Ladin when he was in Tora Bora, Afghanistan?

Comment

Lila the answer to your question is specifically this: because Clinton destroyed our excellent contacts with the Afghan legendary warrior and tribal leader "The Lion of Panjeer" as he was called by his countrymen. Reagan began contact with this critical Northern Alliance guerilla leader decades ago and he's been of immense help. That is until his murder on sept 10 2003. He was repeatedly snubbed by the Clintons administration and left to hang out and dry.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

God Bless America! Thank you all Service Men and Women!
                  "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

I work with the military and I must say these soldiers are proud of what they are doing and see a reason for being there. They have seen a lot of good that has come from our presence that the media will never show. And they would probably agree with you Det...they need a warrior to lead them.

Comment

southernbelle47;407359 wrote: Don't worry about Palin's son.
                      I can tell you that the Army, Navy, Air Force and the Marines have his back!

and if he is called on to give all.....he will do it with honor.

We need to worry about keeping our military ready and strong. Maybe we need the draft again so it will be fair for all!
                      And everyone will understand....
                      Southern Belle, I complete disagree on this entire post! Giving the location and timing of the son of a prominant American is an invitation for craziness! A trophy! This does put soldiers in increased danger, for no other reason than Palins ego and stupidity!

A Draft! I hope this does not happen. I was a HS and college student during Viet Nam, the draft destroyed lives on many levels. No this does not make everything "Fair", nor does sending troops back 3, 4 and 5 times. This was an ill concieved war, poorly managed and for the wrong reasons. We should put Bush in a uniform along with his cabinet and advisors, and send them over to Irag to fight on the front!
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Okydoky, sadly out media is fixated on showing our troops as murdering raping thugs. Our very own enemy within.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

The thing is, the days of a leader, during a war needing to be a warrior, just isn't the answer, these days. They need to be strategists, and diplomats. An excellent example of this in modern times is John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missle crisis. JFK had many generals, telling him to Nuke Russia, including Curtis Lamay a highly respected and experienced general. Kennedy took his time, and used his head and prevented Nuclear War.....I for one, am forever greatful for JFK and his cool head! I lived just outside Vandenber AFB, nuking Russia would have made us a target, and I would not be here today.

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I don't know if there is any truth to it but I have heard from ex-military that Reagan did disband the majority our military with any real experience and we have suffered ever since. I really don't know so should not put it out there. Just wondered if others had a comment though.

Comment

not that I'm aware of Lucky. His admin made some very big progress in previously untouchable places such as Afghanistan.

although Reagan did cut a lot of funding across the board...? maybe that's what they were referring to?
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Lucky, there is a lot of truth to this. Reagan (and I am sure his advisors) decided that since the cold war had ended, we no longer needed as strong and built up a military as existed at the time. He closed, many US military bases. The armed forces no longer tried to replace military personel as the existing ones retired or left for civilian jobs. I believe these closings started in 1989. I am not sure how many total bases closed. Just in Denver, Lowry AFB, a major training base was closed, as was Fitzimons Army base and Hospital.

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X