Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

Hi from Margate South Africa again,
    The Fallen Hero. Now there is a concept worth investigating. We are all susceptible to it. We all know people who have struggled through 20 years of sobriety and then bang. Back to square one. Falling off the bandwagon blah blah. I suppose deep down we all think there just might be a chance that you can beat the odds. Does anybody know anybody who in fact did beat the odds? In darker moments I sometimes think that my Doctors got it wrong. It was all a terrible misunderstanding. I am NOT an Alcoholic. But of course that is all wishful thinking. We can all find reasons to get drunk again. Modern life is fast and full of stress. It can be hard enough when you are cold stone sober. Let alone when you are staggering around in a self-imposed bubble of confusion and despair. I suppose at the end of the day we accept the reality of the Fallen Hero Syndrome and do our dammest that it does not become a reality. But it is not easy.
    I have a nice article on my blog Alcoholism-A Life Sentence that talks on this issue. Have a read and let's get some debate on the go.
    Cheers
    alanb
    South Africa

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

Dearest Alanb,Your posts always seem to hit home with me.Alcoholism is not something that will go away from me,no matter how many years(17)Sober I am.I love my life and have no reason to want to check out early but add any alcohol and I AM NO LONGER ME....I BECOME AL,or AL BECOMES ME???? I keep Antabuse never at all times,just in case insanity is about to set in....Thanks for your post.I read and reread whatever you write....
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
    X