The Fallen Hero Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

rubywillow;396004 wrote: Thanks, Marbella. You seem so grounded in your thoughts. You know, most people w/AL poblem are exceptional, deep thinkers, deep feelers (you know, everything goes straight to your core). Anyway, hubs had a bad night w/barking/barking/barking dogs. Some red hound who'se been a prob before is back here, crashing. Can't help out of my 6 canines, 5 are female!! Don't want to do anything to hurt this guy, just a biologica thing, but may shoot hubs soon. Got to go cook b/fast. Bacon, scrambled eggs, grits, biscuits, red-eye gravy, fruit. He'll find something to complain about. I've learned (after 40 yrs) it was ingrained in him as a babe to bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, etc. Old school, ya know. He makes the (big) bucks, I'm supposed to pamper him at home. Not complaining, much.
    LOL Ruby, sounds like after 40 years you are probably well used to him by now!

Barking dogs can be annoying- but I hope no-one hurts the male dog crasher. I guess he'll lose interest eventually. Might be an idea to get hubby some earplugs

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

OK

Yeah. M. Have the immediate gratification urge to take Daddy's 2-barrel to his ass, but know I would forever regret it. Anyway, know where he lives, know the guy there is the poster child for rednecks, so, I'll put him in my car and drop him off at their drive today. This is a HUGE weekend in our lil' po'dunk area. One of the biggest juried A&C festivals in the nation going on down the road. Yard sales EVERYWHERE. I'm having a BAD MS day, need to go back to sleep. No AL. Marbs, I'd NEVER hurt any animal. Just maybe my hubs, who's really pissing me off today. Gotta go spend some of AH's money. See you later
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

Ditto what Marbella said. She isn't trashing him, vlad, just pointing out what he's doing and part of his motivation for doing it.

wip

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

A Work in Progress;396040 wrote: Ditto what Marbella said. She isn't trashing him, vlad, just pointing out what he's doing and part of his motivation for doing it.

wip
          OMG - No I certainly wasn't trashing him- quite the opposite, I have alot of respect for someone who can turn something as negative as alcoholism into a positive thing such as a source of income- I think it's wonderful.

However there is still a right way and a wrong way to go about forum marketing, and his way is the wrong way. If he were to come here now and then, let us get to know him a bit, share his experiences, he would do very well out of having his link in his signature. But the way he does it simply arouses distrust and suspicion. Some of the members who posted here weren't too happy about his posts but couldn't really put their finger on why, I simply wanted to explain what he is doing I certainly did not mean to trash him.

Ruby- I know you would never hurt an animal but I was worried someone else would- folk round here put a very low value on animal life- I hope there it is better.

Sounds a bit wild in your area today I do hope you manage to stay alcohol free.
          I still am thanking God daily for the antabuse, don't think I would have made it this far without them.

Good luck and have a great day :h

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

personally I don't see a problem with Alan AT ALL! I see a problem with a lot of other's though getting their knickers in a twist over something so trivual. Maybe it would do good to read some off-site blogs from others and respond 'out in the open' as it where.

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

Everyone's got to make a livin', hons. Don't like it, don't read it.
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

Hate to bitch, but body's really down today. Got to go rest, or may end up in ER. LOVE you all, you crazy bitches!
                sigpic

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

thanks Marbella for explaining. I know so little about how income is made via the Internet (i.e., why do I constantly receive e-mails offering me penile products ) ... this does explain why his posts seem strange to me. I don't bear him any ill will and if his blog helps any of us, that's a good thing.
                  :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

Dexter, I agree. No need for any of us to get worked up about this, or snipe at each other! Too much of that around here!

wip

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

Yes. Goodbye alanb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREAD CLOSED I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

Hello Alanb you're welcome back anytime mate! thanks for sharing your blog with us here and making us aware of different opinions out there on the net.

Love and Happiness
                        Hippie
                        xx
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

The Fallen Hero Syndrome

hippie37;396382 wrote: Hello Alanb you're welcome back anytime mate! thanks for sharing your blog with us here and making us aware of different opinions out there on the net.

Love and Happiness
                          Hippie
                          xx
                          Hippie, with all due respect, he won't see your post: as he does not read the forum. If you look at previous posts by him, many members have taken the time to reply to his threads and asked him questions, commented on his blog post, and he has never replied.

I am sorry I posted on this thread but it is a subject I know a lot about- and I was only trying to inform the people who were confused by his posts- I was not slagging him or his blog- in fact I have bookmarked his blog and will one day in the very near future spend an hour or two there, I am sure there is some very informative and interesting stuff there.

I would like to expand on the subject since we keep on bumping it up

To me this is a perfect example of "What you Give out You Get back Tenfold".

My BF or OH or BH not sure what it should be, let's just say partner works for himself installing satellite TV and fixing computers. He actually really cares about his clients, and when he does a job his main concern is that they are happy with the result. I know this as before he was my boyfriend I was a client. He charges the minimum and gets huge satisfaction out of knowing his clients are happy. Needless to say he never has a lack of clients.

In my eyes RJ has done the same. She went to great lengths researching, believing there must be an answer to her drink problem and researched and tested and tried, until she found something that helped her. Not content with that (as most people would be) she decided she wanted to share it with fellow sufferers. Again, from my point of view, her first aim was to help others as she herself had been helped- and from there grew a business- but her first concern was, and is, that her clients are helped. I am sure she gets far more satisfaction from seeing somebody has gone 30 days AF than she gets looking at her online income.

Alanb is doing it the other way- his thought is "What's in this forum for me?" Oh yeah, lots of people looking for a solution to drinking, well I'll just do a quick post and maybe get some clicks".

He is not thinking "What can I contribute with all my dry time to this forum? Maybe I can reply to that post- she is going through similar issues as I went through."
                          If he did that the clicks would come thick and fast, I don't think RJ would disapprove because I think her main aim is to help her members.

We will only reap what we sow- again I am sorry I got into this thread but if alanb were to read it, maybe he would also gain from it.

Comment

Working...
                          X