Shall I open it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shall I open it?

Just received my book and cd's. I put them on the top of the fridge. I'm scared. I don't want to fail this time, too. I have done so much better this week, but I feel myself falling into the same old thing. This just has to work. kay

Shall I open it?

Mind, body & soul. There is no miracle cure. What you put in is what you get out. Psych yourself up-this is a new beginning. I wish you best.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Shall I open it?

Get 'em off the top of the fridge!!! Open it up!! And, whether it works or not? That's totally up to you! Let us know how it's going...

wip

Comment

Shall I open it?

Read the book it's very enlightening. Trust me if you've done well without it you will do even better with it.

Comment

Shall I open it?

No Failure

Jeeze--there is no failure. If you start and then do not succeed, you just start again. At least that's what I tell myself. As long as you progress. I am drinking a little less each month. You don't have to be perfect!!!!! Just start, and see how it goes. If you fall back, start again. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Shall I open it?

KTB, First of all congratulations on getting off to such a good start by ordering the book and CD's!! And I agree with WIP....Open it Already!! This program does work.....eight months AF for me and happy to be this way proves it works! In case you are interested, no, I did not use the meds, but I highly recommend the supplements....particularly Kudzu, L-Glut, Gaba and Omega 3, 6 and 9. It still take effort and commitment on your part......but it does get easier as time goes by!!! Life without alcohol is fantastic......you will not believe how different you will think and feel without it!!

Best Wishes,
            Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Shall I open it?

KTB, you fail if you don't even bother to try. So open them up already!! If for whatever reason this program doesn't work for you as it is written, then modify it for your needs.

Failure comes from not trying. Trying something that may not have worked is not failure. If something doesn't work, try another approach. As long as you keep trying, you will never have to be faced with the fear of failure again.

Best of luck.

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Shall I open it?

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Shall I open it?

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, stop feeling sorry for yourself (as we all have) and OPEN IT. It doesn't matter if you fail, it only matters if you give up. If you give up you're a goner so don't even entertain those thoughts.

We'll be here with you every step of the way : )
                  Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                  - George Jackson

Comment

Shall I open it?

KT, dont be scared about starting. You are here, you have help and you can do it! So go on, open the packet and rejoice in your new life
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Shall I open it?

Hi KT

I hope you have opened it by now!

You will enjoy the book, apart from being full of excellent information it is a really good read!

As for being scared it is scarier not to try...now that would be REALLY scary. You don't have to get it right first time. I feel many many times when I was quitting smoking- but finally I made it!

Each failure is a lesson in what you did wrong- so as long as you don't go on repeating that pattern there is no such thing as failure.

Good Luck!

Comment

Shall I open it?

hi kay,just think of it as a christmas ,birthday present all in one package,you got me xcited thinkin about it,go go go open it hahahha gyco

Comment

Shall I open it?

I'm with NurseInDistress. Going AF is a great goal, but just increasing the AF days is also progress. I did 2.5 months AF, but really needed to toy around with moderation after that to learn how to deal with AL. Seems kind of backwards, but I'm feeling in control now. I have the life back that I used to have, the that life gradually faded away as AL got bigger. The MWO book gave me hope that I could do this, the support on this forum enabled me to do it.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Shall I open it?

That is a great way to start, getting it all. I wish I had done things that way...and I do love the book. Keep us posted on everything, and what you think of the CDs and all.

Lila

Comment

Working...
                            X