Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Free Army 30th August 2008

Good Morning everyone.
    I hope no-body minds me starting up todays thread?
    This thread has got so massive I can't keep up with with I always read it all though and you are right, it is a safe lovely place to be.
    I am a bit nervous this weekend, tomorrow is my birthday and it will be the first AF free birthday that I can ever remember having.
    I am looking forward to it but I am scared - does that make sense? It is not the physical cravings any more but the mental ones.
    I am going to stay as close to the boards as I can. I need all the good vibes you fantastic people have to send me please?

Have a fantastic day everyone.
    Love ya!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Your first Birthday in your new life!

It all starts over! Find strength in that. No headaches, no regrets, natural sleep.

Start over. Call it your 1st Birthday, and get a cake and put one candle in it! Do something indulgent for the day, just for yourself. Whether a bath, or a chocolate, or something. You deserve it.

Comment

Boss man, you have just made me feel incredibly better. Thank you !!
      I AM going to enjoy my very 1st birthday.

Comment

Starting, just in case I don't get on-line tomorrow,

HAPPY AF BIRTHDAY!!!

What a wonderful way to start off a new birthday year, you must be very proud of what you have achieved. I'll be thinking of you.

Morning Boss.man!

Gotto run, lots to do, fun to be had!

Day 30 for me and I'm patting myself on the back all the way he he he.....

Have a fantastic weekend!!!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Day 30 Deebee??? That is amazing!!!! Huge hugs to you from me.
          Thank you for the birthday wishes. Proud but scared I think sums it up.
          Have a great weekend.

Comment

Hello Fellow Soldiers,

Starting, Happy 1st Birthday for tomorrow!

Boss.man is right, as becoming AF is almost like being reborn so it absolutely should be your 1st Birthday!

Have you any plans? It is a daunting thing, isn't it, I can't remember a birthday where I wasn't either drunk of hungover. (Here one tends to celebrate the night before).

Deebee- that is absolutely fantastic- you made the big 3-0! Is your goal to abstain or mod?
            30 is a real milestone I think!

Well there we are, 2 lots of good news to start the day! Oh no, there's 3 lots, I am now on my 10th day without a hangover

Comment

DeeBee, 30 days already, it's gone so quick!!!
              Happy Birthday Startingover!
              I'm still on for September by the way!
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Marbella, you are doing great! It's a rollercoaster isn't it?
                Tomorrow I am going to my brothers house to be spoiled rotten They are all going to be shocked when I say No thank you to the wine. I really hope they don't make a big deal about it. I don't really want to explain. Not sure what to say really.
                Oh well, guess I'll think of something when the time comes
                Thank you for your good wishes and well done to you my friend

Comment

Vladders, thank you!!
                  I am so pleased you are starting in September. You will do great. You have your hubby to support you don't you?

Comment

startingover;395907 wrote: Marbella, you are doing great! It's a rollercoaster isn't it?
                    Tomorrow I am going to my brothers house to be spoiled rotten They are all going to be shocked when I say No thank you to the wine. I really hope they don't make a big deal about it. I don't really want to explain. Not sure what to say really.
                    Oh well, guess I'll think of something when the time comes
                    Thank you for your good wishes and well done to you my friend
                    No, I don't feel like explaining to anyone either.

Until now I have avoided social situations, I would find them very difficult- I will dip my feet in the water on Monday when I will meet a non-drinking friend in a bar on Monday (daytime- couldn't cope with nights yet) In the future when it does come up, I think I will just say, "No thanks, had a bit of a headache this morning, took a couple of aspirin- don't want it to come back" or something like that.

Mind you, they would then probably assume I had a hangover :upset:

Comment

startingover;395908 wrote: You have your hubby to support you don't you?
                      Yes I do!!!
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Yes, Happy Birthday Starting over, and well done Deebee on your 30 days.

Good morning to everyone,
                        It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Day 11 here ! Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Happy Birthday Starting...BM is right - SPOIL YOURSELF!

Happy Saturday to all!
                          "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

one2many;395937 wrote: Vladders, only 2 days left!
                            Err yes... it's Saturday and I'm fighting the urge not to drink as much as I think I can get away with before the big push Monday.

Comment

You'll be fine Vlad
                              It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X