AF Free Army 30th August 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doh! Cross-posted - sorry Kriger! Yes I forgive you!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Vlad,
      I really feel like a silly big ass DORK!!!
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

How long did it take y'all to receive your Kudzu?
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I ordered mine nearly 3 weeks ago and it's still not here.
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

LTG you should email customer service. It took me over a month to get mine as part of the "free" stuff with getting membership to the hallowed halls of "subs"!!!! And what a joy that has been!!! LOL, LOL.

wip

Comment

Hi All, WIP Kriger thank you so much for the birthday wishes. Hope you are both OK??

Should I join subs do you all think?
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Starting Over, there are a couple of good threads on subs (the new AF threads, one of which is very active, and the other one is not so much so), but otherwise it mostly tends to get my blood pressure up. Some of the threads are fun, for the old-timers, but they aren't terribly welcoming to newbies... or at least so I have found.

wip

Comment

I thought it would be good at the time. Now, I feel differently. I would suggest waiting a few days and see if things turn back around.
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Thanks WIP, Hi LTG howre you doing?
                    Is there lots of crap on there then?

Comment

Hey, I am doing OK, but then I haven't visited my mother yet, today. Had a bike ride and coffee with friends, and now am sort of gritting my teeth to get ready to go on over there, to the hospital.

As to subs, yeah, there's quite a bit of ugliness that seems to come and go. Some of the subscribers are finding some of the "new people" to be disruptive to their previously serene existence.

wip

Comment

Hey WIP I know what you mean about the mother thingy, mine was a big trigger for me I used to have to have a glass of wine before ringing her up!
                        She has been really ill for the last couple of years (cancer but seems ok now) and I spent much of it feeling SO guilty. But you know what, AF it is much easier, we get on loads better.
                        Glad you had a nice day.

Comment

I'm trying to stick with this thread, the Newbies Nest, and a couple of others. It just seems calmer here and more supportive.
                          WIP - good luck with your visit today!
                          Starting - happy birthday tomorrow! oh, happy 1st birthday that is...LOL!!
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Thanks LTG, it's great being 1 again No responsibilities, no decisions to make :H

Comment

A Work in Progress;396284 wrote: As to subs, yeah, there's quite a bit of ugliness that seems to come and go. Some of the subscribers are finding some of the "new people" to be disruptive to their previously serene existence.
                              wip
                              Subs is good if you aren't continually challenging people's posts. Or giving your opinions out in a hurtful way.

It is a fun place and I would encourage everyone to join. I have been here a loooong time (so it feels), and there is garbage all over the board. Lot's of us longer termed members have migrated over to subs because of the BS fighting and stuff in General. It seems there are more squabbles in General more than ever.

There is no popularity contests unless you want it that way. Just come over and join right in! The more you make a presence; the more fun it is.

It is out in General that sucks, really. I think once you have paid for a membership, the mind set changes.... If you are not paying, for some reason, people think it's a free for all out here.

Comment

Subs is good if you aren't continually challenging people's posts. Or giving your opinions out in a hurtful way.
                                Well AFM thanks for your input, and I guess you are aiming this at me, since it is in response to my post... ah well, there's just gotta be a scapegoat, yes? Not so sure why it has to be me, but thus it has been declared among many of the much-vaulted (in their own minds...) "subs" people.

Best wishes to you anyhoo, AFM, and to all of us, in our struggle with the alcohol problems we all have. Not just some of us... all of us.

wip

Comment

Working...
                                X