AF Free Army 30th August 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks AFM, I'll probably join. I love this site so much that I want to do something to support it. It has really been my lifeline
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Wally, you won't be lonely! I'm a subscriber and I live on this thread...LOL!! So do mnay others
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

that's what I thought wally, terrefied of being left behind
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

No, starting. Read my post to Wally^
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

A Work in Progress;396295 wrote: Best wishes to you anyhoo, AFM, and to all of us, in our struggle with the alcohol problems we all have. Not just some of us... all of us.

wip
            No shit we 'all' have struggles with alcohol. That is why we are here, is it not? :H
            Try not to be so darn defensive all of the time. Let your hair down, and relax already.

Comment

Just saying hi... bit of a fight to night, but not too bad... still ready for Monday!!!
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hang in there, Vlad!!
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I'm just going to put this out there, right here, right now. There apparently is a bunch of people here at MWO who do not like me, who do not like my style, and are apparently STILL furious with me because I made a comment about a statement that I found offensive. Apparently, the deal is that, if I find something offensive, and if it is something said by one of the Sacred Cows of subs, I had better keep my newby mouth shut.

Others have made endless comments to each other since that time (and before that time), about what they do or do not find offensive in the posts of others... yet I am getting slammed over and over again. Cute little asides about "a certain person who pissed XX off..." and a cute little nickname, and lectures about how newbies should not get "above themselves" ... Do you think that I am incapable of feeling hurt by this kind of crap? Even though my goal here is certainly NOT to be loved by everyone, I still find it painful to have this kind of personal sniping directed to me. I spend a lot of time here, because I am terribly afraid of losing myself, and my life, to alcoholism. I feel as if there are people here who really would like to see me gone, and I really do find it painful. I am not about to be run off... but I am asking for a cease-fire. Please leave me alone, and I will most certainly leave you alone. I feel quite unwelcome in nearly all the threads in subs, and so I will stay out of them.

I am posting this here, because AFM apparently made a special visit to this thread to offer me another little lesson about what she thinks about my presence here and the way I have conducted myself.

wip

Comment

AFM, my post crossed with yours. I would love to be able to relax here, and I truly do not believe that I am "defensive all of the time," or even a significant part of the time. Maybe others see it differently.

wip

Comment

bit of a fight to night
                      Hi back at you, vlad, and it's GREAT you are here posting! You are a good fighter, by damn, and you will do fine!!! The fight is TOTALLY worth it!

wip

Comment

Never mind WIP we love you here.

I don't know who has slagged you and I don't care because in my eyes you have been one of a few heroines for me this week, and I will be forever grateful.

There are some people here who like to confront, but there are others who don't want to, so maybe we can all find a happy space in with those who are looking for the same thing?

To change the subject, today I had the radio on, and heard a song that I liked when it came out, but have not heard for ages- so I was singing along in my awful awful out-of-tune-voice, and then realized i was actually singing to my old friend AL!

Here it is:

Now all together GIRLS and BOYS, sing as loud as you can

Damn can't post a youtube vid

Well here is the link

[ame= ]YouTube - Cher - Strong Enough[/ame]

O2M how to post a youtube??!!

Oh I've just seen it did it itself. LOL. Bloody computers.

Comment

Thanks Marbella: how about this one??

[ame= ]YouTube - SICAA Toronto "Get Together" by the Young Bloods[/ame]

Comment

WIP - it is too bad that you feel it is OK to put people down; call some of us Sacred Cows of subs.... but if someone has anything to say about you - watch out! Right? You have already run one of our great friends off of this board. I think that what you had said to Simeybear was very hurtful, and personally I think you owe her an apology.

You are in subs too, my friend. Shit, you have been here a month and already have over a 1000 posts. Why do you feel the need to fight with fitting in? Going around calling us names doesn't say much about you. With the things you write down about yourself like, 'not one of the popular girls' , etc.. you immediately put a wall up. You are pretty jaded; then again when one is first sober - many different moods come out.

Instead of feeling like you don't belong, because you do, why not just relax and focus on your sobriety. I think maintaining your sobriety would be a lot easier if you weren't so bloody offended by everything.

This is a board for those suffering from a drinking problem. There are some who succeed, slip, moderate, post while drinking, etc... etc... You are working so hard to pound in everyone's head that this is a place where abstainence should be the only thing spoken of here. You aren't going to find that here. RJ had a problem with alcohol and she now moderates. This is her board, and we are all people looking for a way out. To have a healthy relationship with Al (moderately or abstainance) There are many other boards out there that focus primarily on abstainence. There are sections on this board that are for maintaining AF. Gosh, if we can't come here and have a little fun once in a while - then WTF? If you find a lot of threads in Subs that are offending, or useless - then don't bother reading them.

I am not attacking you, nor do I dislike you. You have every right to be here as the rest of us. Now, please stop posting about me. I am not interested in starting a stupid argument over a difference in opinions.

All the best to you WIP. I really mean that.

Comment

We crossed posted again.... anyway, all the best.

Comment

AFM

There is no fighting allowed on this thread!

You naughty goat, get back to your pen or no dinnies for you tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X