AF Free Army 30th August 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zep, stay close if you can. We're having steak here for dinner you can consider it Sunday bruch!
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

How I hate Saturday nights!!!! Especially on day three!!!!!
      I wish I lived in Spain. Then I could go to bed!!!!
      I will hang in there.
      I will say that this place is wonderfully welcoming and that I appreciate each and every one of you. I wanted to join subscribers but they did no accept the only form of credit card that I carry. Otherwise I would join in a heartbeat.
      The activity on this thread is great and I'm sure as of Sep1 there will be even more of us. The more the merrier.
      I've got to go watch a movie or something and stop staring at the wine glasses!!!
      Have a good night all

Janet

Comment

Good for you, Janet, stick with your determination, and watch a movie... or something... ! Whatever it takes.

take care,

wip

Comment

LTG - It's all good it's past lunch time here and I would have normally been off my chops by now and getting ready for a wee afternoon snooze.

Took the dogs to trials and drove happily past the pub (where I would usually call in for a crate on Sundays). Just gulped down a fruit smoothie and will head on out to hydrobath the race dogs (without the usual big bottle of beer) but a cup of cranberry tea instead.

I'm on my 7th day AF, still getting the occassional niggle in the back of my mind but I just tell it to piss off.
          It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

It's too late for that Wally, people already think I'm odd. Working with dogs all day you get used to chatting away to yourself out loud (pretending you are speaking to the dogs).

Comment

Zeppie....I love it!!! I'm going to tell my niggles to piss off as well. It makes me feel good saying it.
              Onto day 4 tomorrow.
              Good night all.

Janet

Comment

Zeppie,
                What is a niggle?
                Good nite, Janet
                WIP,O2M are you still there? LTG, Starting? Wally?
                Starting, I flip around from place to place on this site, but joined subs to support the site only. I go there when I go there and that's all. I mostly look at new posts and pick threads there. I only occasionally get in on some drama but simply by accident.
                Any Americans have any big Labor Day plans? Kriger
                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey Kriger, I'm still here... have been sitting here reading some in the wonderful book Tao of Sobriety, it's really helpful to me right now. Then, did some piddling about on iTunes, downloaded a couple of tracks of "meditation music." I don't play music when I sit meditation, but I listen to it other times. I like it, these days, because it is so soothing and that seems ungodly attractive to me, these days! Had a difficult visit with my mother, perhaps more so than usual, because she was not hostile, instead she was bewildered, and told me she had been concerned that I was upset with her "because she has Alzheimer's." But she couldn't say the word "Alzheimer's." And I didn't know that she really understood that this is happening to her. Of course that won't last, it will maybe come and go. Later in the evening, she began hallucinating.

What have you been doing? I have no plans for the holiday, just standing by for my mother, and taking care of stuff. Doing some bicycling, though, and that's been good.

Bizarre day today at MWO. Again. But some good stuff, too.

wip

Comment

Hi kriger - a 'niggle' is a slight but persistant annoyance. Today my 'niggle' was saying to me "hey it's sunday, and it's so warm, hey there's the pub, stop! you drove right past it, quick turn round and get some beer" so I told it to piss off.

WIP - you are so strong being there for your Mum, I admire your courage and paitence. I remember we had grandma with us while she was dying of lymphoma. I was 14 at the time and towards the end granny was so out of it on Morphine she could be quite nasty or just down right weird. To this day it makes me cringe as she was such a wonderful lady before she got sick, she would have been so embarrassed if she knew what she was acting like. Thankfully she didn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X