Okay people shape up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay people shape up!

I have noticed a lot of ill feelings on here lately. I want it to stop. We are all here to seek support for tapering or stopping our alcohol consumption. We all come from vastly different places, cultures, age groups, experiences, personalities. That DOESN'T mean we can't show RESPECT for others, no matter our differences. We are all adults.

If you don't like what someone posted, avoid reading their posts. If it's in the middle of another's post, skip whatever they have to say and read the rest.

This used to be such a comforting, supportive and fun place. I've seen too many hurt feelings lately, and I don't like it.

If you can't say something nice about someone IGNORE THEM. If it's a continual problem, notify RJ and let her decide if action needs to be taken.

This in house fighting is NOT conducive to our fight with alcohol. SO SHAPE UP!

Okay people shape up!

Thanks Hart. You are MWO's No. 1 peacemaker
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Okay people shape up!

I couldn't agree more. Even tho I'm online very limited it was weird and I didn't know or care what it was. Reminded me of some the ghetto AA meetings I've been to in the past. Also I'm a woman but we can be catty bitches, again knock it off. Haven't seen anything really new or interesting in weeks.

Comment

Okay people shape up!

oh thank you, Hart. I thought this was an exercise post. Then with loyalties among people, that has just ensured that some squabbles go on and on. Let's just accept that we have bad days, and give each other the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Okay people shape up!

How about treating each other the way we want to be treated. Doesn't mean we can't disagree but we can do it with respect. Thanks Hart

Comment

Okay people shape up!

I must confess to having joined in on a few occasions, but in general I don't like it. I'd rather live and let live. There are very few people I actively dislike, and those I try to ignore.

Aside from the alcohol threads, I do enjoy the fun threads too; I think there should be room for both here. I don't like individual attacks on threads or even in PM's. What's the point?

I really feel for RJ these days. She doesn't need this crap. I'll be she is getting PM'd to death.
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Okay people shape up!

I really feel for RJ these days. She doesn't need this crap. I'll be she is getting PM'd to death.
              Well, possibly she is. I wonder what she is thinking about doing about it? It would not necessarily cost money, if that is the problem, to have people who serve as some kind of moderators. I mean "thread" monitors, of course, not "alcohol" moderators! Of course that could and probably would open up further cans of worms, if some people got "moderated," or sanctioned, in a way that might be perceived as unfair... How is it done on other forums? I seem to remember being on some that were moderated, and it seemed to work well....

wip

Comment

Okay people shape up!

who was attacked im curious,i did read a thread the other nt,where someone keeps posting his literture fill me in pls gyco

Comment

Okay people shape up!

I thought this board should of had monitors a long time ago.

I think it is a great idea.

Comment

Okay people shape up!

Good to see this discussion. Ya know, I'm just finding myself here. I've tried all my live to keep everyone else happy, but place has given me wings. Read me, deletete, I'm too big to have for supper. I have NO agenda to hurt anyone who doesn't think like me. Just want to live a sober life. What could bebetter?
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Okay people shape up!

Gyco

I have seen personal attacks here come out of the blue, out of nowhere on threads. Grudges carried forward, friends being 'avenged.'
                      Don't think anyone was attacking poor old alanb - anyways, he doesn't stick around.

Lila

Comment

Okay people shape up!

I love you all whether you like it or not so pucker up....

XXXXXXXX
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Okay people shape up!

Deter, no one is sweeter than you. I'm puckered. Just check it out with DX please. I don't want to get in trouble.:l

RJ generally lets us "police" ourselves unless things get really out of hand. As difficult as the last few weeks have been, things were worse around here a couple of years ago for a bit when we had a member who had a bad habit of becoming verbally abusive and posting when she was drinking. She was particularly offensive to several of our members. She was banned for a time, but each time she was permitted to come back, things devolved again. She was eventually banned for good.
                          If anyone is interested in having moderators, just PM RJ. I have found her to be very responsive to me when I have had any issues.
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Okay people shape up!

It was probably me. If I said the sky was blue certain people would insist it was purple. I feel badly that some people need to trash me and call me Dolly dogood. I have not responded nor will I. I was here at first simply to get sober. Then to stay sober. When it comes to the point that I am creating more problems than helping then it's time for me to go. I will not apologize for sobriety. I thought that was the point of this site. If it makes me a do gooder then oh well deal with it. I said I was sorry for my part in the arguments and have not responded to any of the slams. I will leave and then everything will be peaceful. I appreciate all the nice PM's and wish all of you well.

Comment

Okay people shape up!

Dolly

Of course you were hurt. Now stay!!!! Let's let bygones be bygones. Your presense here would be very much missed.
                              Please stay!

Lila

Comment

Working...
                              X