Burning Man 2008 the Det website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all the pictures (except the eagle picture) you can click on and enlarge.

Garlic Breath Online

will add more soon......

Hippie, I ate some dust for you bro!

nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

where is this?? I want to visit!

Comment

just added a few more pics:

Garlic Breath Online
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

You are quite the photographer.

I swear I would have to be sober at that because it just looks like an acid trip (not that I have ever taken acid) and I would want to have my wits about me. Thanks for sharing those.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Way cool, Deter!
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thanks for sharing Det! Loved them! Dont listen to More2.... your outfit is very becoming.
            If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

DT's love the photos mate especially that one " beautiful sculptures made of steel cables".!!!!

What was the theme this year as I couldn't quite get to grips with the website before you went etc.

I hope that was pure pixie dust and not dessert storm you eat otherwise your head is gonna turn into a mushroom in a few days mate espaically if that dust was sanctioned by the president of the U S of A!!lol
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Det's please tell us about your AA meeting there??? And the pics are very cool!!!!
                  Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
                    Been waiting on these all week!

Interesting Det and Dx........

Happy you survived!

:lNancy
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Det, I don't know what I'm tryiing to say right know but I love you man and I'm so glad you got there. i was gonna send you something to burn but I had a change of heart about burning my past. I feel i need to embrace it first before I 'burn' it. Do you understand where I'm coming from?

So where next my friends? Alaska previous Nevada desert now..............I think a tropical rainforest in Brazil next OK? MAte.....C U on the other side!!!
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hippie, the theme this year was "American dream" I previously had no idea so many undergarments could be had in stars and stripes LOL. Bro, I fully understand about holding on before you burn up certain elements of yourself...most wise.

well, ok...time for some details of the burn:

first off, BM is really an unusual event for me being that I'm very reserved, conservative and even shy (believe it or not). That's one of the reasons I have gone twice now....to immerse myself into an amazingly and blatantly openly expressive world. Psychological exercise perhaps? and I really enjoy the creative artistic manifestations of all kinds.

so...2008 saw the playa (desert ground) in an unusually dusty and loose state. This meant an insane amount of dust. Dust several inches thick everywhere....every footstep unleashing clouds of it. And I'm athsmatic! wheeeez! mostly it just made travel very strenuous as you may not drive once you are camped, you can only walk and bicycle (unless you have a registered art car). So I think this is the first vacation that I've lost weight on! my legs are sooo sore.

the AA meeting: I located Camp Anonymous at noon on Tuesday out of curiosity and also I wanted to establish my AF mindset for the event. The tent already had 30 or so in attendance when I got there and I'd say topped out at about 50. wow!
                        The speaker (or whatever they call them) introduced the camp and after the intro/prayer explained that he had a reoccurring dream that he was in public nude with everyone staring at him. He explained that he came to burning man and one day had the courage to strip and go for a bicycle ride nude and was amazed that nobody even noticed that he was nude. As he's telling the story he's slowly undressing himself. finally his drawers hit the dust and the whole meeting gives him a round of applause. He stands and takes a bow. All the time I'm thinking to myslef....I wish MWO had a live video feed of this!! hahahahahaha!! the meeting had many partially dressed folks and some even in bondage type of 'clothes'. very colorful bunch indeed. Many people shared their stories and all were grateful to have others in sobriety to confide in. One guy spoke about how his life used to be in art but he was wasted on booze for all the time he did art. when he quit drinking he left his art behind by association. At his first burn in 2007 he was so amazed by the art and started to interface with many of the artists there and since then has discovered he CAN be an artist in sobriety after all. he's now living his dream.
                        There were some formalities that I could have been annoyed by, but I chose to just embrace the fact that these are people in a common theme to be sober and healthy...which is all that really counts. I donated some coffee and went on to explore the camps.
                        I also attended an Eckart Tolle study group that I found very interesting and I spent 3 hours with them discussing a myriad of aspects related and unrelated to his book "a new Earth". Met some very cool people from all over the world there.
                        there was a martial arts camp that was fun to check out. I was too hot and exhausted from cycling to workout but had a good time learning what I saw and talking with them.
                        Some of the mutant vehicles and art cars were just amazing. The 4 legged 'walker' was a real crowd pleaser. The engines would rev up and it would lurch forward shaking the ground as it's metal feet smashed the dirt in front of it. totally carnal!!
                        Out in the middle of the playa was a huge art display of illuminated balloons about 12 feet in diameter. There were about 25 of them spread randomly in about a half acre plot and they were synchronized to music. it was surreal to walk into this art piece and just loose yourself in the art itself. That was a truly sublime display.
                        And even though there was a ton of hard drinking and partying going on I never saw one fight or heard one angry person. truly amazing.
                        I managed to do the event completely substance free I'm thrilled to say. I just could not imagine getting around in those conditions with a hangover.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, been waiting all week....all I can say is all I would have been thinking is...this dudes dingaling is hanging...omg"""....I would have been sober though..honeslty I think the thought of me running naked, would keep me sober....
                          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Wow Deets- Fabulous pics. Sounds like a mindblowing adventure! Did you get to wear your white disco pants?

Glad you had a great time.

Comment

Sounds fabulous, Det, great time and great pics and GOOD FOR YOU! I have heard of BM before but not sure about what it's about... is it all men? Have you been to it, before? Would you go again?

wip

Comment

Working...
                              X