AF Army - 1st September 2008!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh Day 1 for me AF! Quite excited really. Though I was a bit bad-tempered this morning just because hubby had emptied the bin and not put a new bag in (what's that about). Anyway, I enthusiastically drank my milk thistle tea, ate my breakfast, took my vits and kudzu. Was actually feeling a little buzzed driving to work - not sure whether that was a good thing or not, LOL!

A friend on Facebook has amusingly commented about my abstaination, 'That will put a severe dent in the Russian economy. Are you abstaining as a protest about the invasion of Georgia?' Cheeky sod!

I'm not sure what to reply really...

Oh well, I have a busy day today, I have a presentation to create for Mercedes Benz which should take most of the day; oh and a Sales Meeting.

Then after work I have 'band' practise at church. For those who don't know I play balalaika and sing alto.

Wishing you all a great SOBER SEPTEMBER!

LOL, bit of alliteration there, you can tell I'm in Marketing... ewww, yuk, the tea I'd made when I'd got to work had gone cold, gross!!!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Hi all

Well Vlad sounds like you have a busy day ahead- not much time to think of alcohol with all that going on.

I too have a busy day and month ahead- I love September it always feels like a fresh start to me- as we get rid of the rowdy tourism here and go back to normality (that's rich coming from me).

I will check this thread everyday but other than that will not be spending much time here- it has been a huge help for me these last few weeks, in fact I do not know what I would have done without it, but I am falling behind in other areas and now I need to catch up!

Wishing you all a lovely sober day

Comment

marbella;397615 wrote: I am falling behind in other areas and now I need to catch up!
      LOL! Know that feeling, I think I spend too much time on MWO sometimes, nearly forgot to practise that blasted balalaika yesterday cos I was on here! Needed to learn a new song too!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

one2many;397619 wrote:
        My 4 year old started school today (apparantly she is the smallest child to start in the history of the school-I had to get her uniform made!)....She insisted I left her at the door as I was "making a show of her and she is a big girl!" Most of the others were crying but she took them under her little wing and told them where to sit! I will post a pic later!
        Sounds like she's very grown up! Bet this is a big day for you too O2M!

Comment

Huh-oh... looks like the Sales Meeting may be starting...

Comment

Oh the irony... we were discussing what to put in our latest Newsletter and we always like to try and include a social or charity event a member of staff is taking part in, one guy is entering a wrestling competition and another is running to raise money for a cancer charity. A colleague piped up and jokingly suggested putting an article with the headline 'VLAD ABSTAINS FROM VODKA FOR A WEEK!'

Well it's actually 30 days and not just vodka but ALCOHOL AND ALL THE FORMS IT TAKES!!!

Comment

ur a better sport than me Vlad... the colleague's comment would have hurt my feelings.
              i would have taken it as mean spirited....

Comment

I agree with 1967, Vlad. Hope you gave that testicle-withering glare only a woman can do. P.S. I'm in, guys, finally decided when I woke up. Not telling ANYONE else except on the site. See if they notice!!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

1967 - I get alot of stick about my suspected drinking - it all started off when the boss asked me what I liked to drink, I was foolish to say I liked to drink vodka... straight.

Gia - glad to have you on board!

Comment

Hi Rubywillow! Good last minute decision!

They actually don't know about my abstaination at work, probably not going to say unless I'm invited for a drink after work or something (which is a rare occurance anyway).

Comment

good 4 u rubywillow.... i wouldn't tell anyone either.
                      the only person who knows about me is my boss. and she just thinks i've cut back.
                      she is off island now... let's see if she thinks i look a bit better when she returns?
                      ps
                      she is very worried about me driving the vespa!
                      i've not said... it's okay i don't drink anymore... i won't be doing anything outwardly foolish on it!
                      i plan to let her see for herself... that is always the best proof anyhow.

Comment

im in too ,I will be like Gia ,odat...but hope it will add up to 30 at the end!

Comment

vlad... now i understand better.
                          u are a better sport than me... it's confirmed!! good for u!!!

Comment

Hi Limers! You go for that big 30! We'll be there for you... says Vlad who hasn't even done Day 1 yet, LOL! I am determined not to speak too soon! Or be a hypocrite or something like that...

Comment

well thats in then Vlad , were gonna have to boot each other up the arse if we start caving....Lancashires not that far away and with the kids back in school my mornings are free so watch out!lol! This is BOOT CAMP SEPTEMBER!!! What do you say Vlad? Are we women enough??

Comment

Working...
                              X