Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army - 1st September 2008!!!

one2many;397709 wrote:
    Doing well today...croissant for breakfast (unfortunately a red bull aswell tho)
    Oh no, no red bull for me, I'll be climbing the walls!!!
    Hey, weight this morning was 8 stone 9? lbs - I've lost a pound without doing anything.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Just sticking in nose in to wish you all a great day AF! Sending positive thoughts & hugs your way...:l
      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Hi Dee,
        Im ok - its so far so good at the moment.
        I keep going into the Arcades and playing the games to keep me busy!

Still waiting on my supps and antabuse, so its just sheer willpower for me at the minute.
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Things to consider...
          In 30 days imagine how improved our skin, hair, health is going to be?
          No extra weight gain through calories in alcohol
          more energy

anyone else wanna add more to the list?
          ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Just a fly by to tell you all I'm headed out shopping. There's a nationally known Labor Day Festival held down here in our little po'dunk community, and 20 miles of arts & crafts, yard sales, bake sales, bbq, sweet potato pies, everything Southern. I decided since I'm going af today, I'm taking my weekly spending for it and buying some good stuff! Then when I look at my treasures, I can tell myself - "That's 1 drink I DIDN'T take!!!" Will report back later
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

"That will put a severe dent in the Russian economy. Are you abstaining as a protest about the invasion of Georgia?' Cheeky sod!

I'm not sure what to reply really..."

Vlad....you could say that you're eating and drinking(water here) "local".
              It is a big deal here in the USA to "Buy Fresh Buy Local" to encourage people to support local farmers and companies in our country.
              Just a thought from a farmers wife!

And what is a balalaika??

Good morning all you other abbers too!
              This is a great place to be......Sober!
              Love
              Nancy
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

O2M,

I am a bit concerned. Here you are trying to eat to gain weight and when you do you get sick to your tummy.

Have you talked to a doctor about this?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome comes to mind...

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

One2many
                  Pink stuff...
                  Pepto....liquid...coats your throat and tummy.
                  Plain crackers or a half teaspoon of baking soda in a small glass of water.
                  Hope you feel better soon.
                  Nancy
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hah!! Great minds think alike!!

O2M, Wally and I both think you might want to see a doc.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

O2m, get your skinny butt off to the Doctor, you are making me sick with worry!

On a lighter note I am a big advocate of eating low GI foods. I would post the link to the site that I visit often but it isin't relevant as it refers to South African food brands. It is worth a google though to see what foods are high in GI - you'd be surprised!
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

hello count me in for an AF sept.
                        :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                        ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

O2M - Last time I was AF (it was only 7 days), I didn't sleep well and by Day 3 felt so sick I just couldn't eat, was also a little shaky and heart beat was erratic - the doctors thought there may have been a problem with my kidneys, as it turned out there wasn't and he put it down to anxiety (I'd explained about my drinking).
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Good morning, everyone, such wonderful enthusiasm and commitment and spirit! OneTwo I hope your stomach settles soon. My sweetheart doggie, Scarlet, had an upset stomach last night, better this morning but still not totally over it, I think perhaps the two of you are in some sort of cosmic link-up. I will take good care of her, here, and you take good care of yourself, over there, and everyone will be fine.

But my two cents' worth is that you are changing around your eating patterns perhaps a bit suddenly and that can cause your stomach to rebel. Scarlet, on the other hand, probably found something slightly unsavory (by human standards, anyway) out in the yard and ate it.

Today marks 6 weeks AF for me, and/but as Cindi pointed out (from her really long-time sober buddy), I am just as close to a drink as anyone else here. It's good to remember, not to dwell on it in a negative way, but to maintain vigilance.

I called the hospital and they say my mother is somewhat better today. I will be going over to take a look of course.

wip

Comment

O2M - have you tried valerian tablets? I'm like you mostly underweight and when I drink I don't eat so that doesn't help. I've taken valerian after a friend recommended it for "nervous tummy" and it really works for me - you just get a relaxed feeling to your insides.... no more churning etc.

Gosh, I've made it sound soooo attractive haven't I?

Bx

Comment

8 pages! Good morning everyone!
                                Love the smell of Day One!

Comment

Working...
                                X