AF Army - 1st September 2008!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriger... **AHEM** I don't see my name on your list!

Comment

Yea, it did not go well at all. The baby decided it would be a fabulous time to cut 2 teeth. He cried all night. I'm sure our neighbors were thrilled when they saw us packing up!

Comment

AFM and Starting added to the list. I am just adding as everyone posts today. We won't forget you, honey! I am keeping this list on a separate sheet of paper so I can add to it until days end; we should have 30+ by end of day. Count so far-25. Yeah to you all!!!! krigs
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Well, I have finished reading and am completely inspired by ALL of you.
          You sound positive, happy and raring to go. That makes me SO HAPPY

One2, your little girl is GORGEOUS and she sounds an absolute credit to you. Taking people under her wing??? Just like her mum.
          Brilliant that you are on day 13!!!! ~Well done hon!
          WIP - 6 weeks, that is AMAZING. Proud of you!
          Kriger, you are nearly a month!!! Well done too!!!

I am a happy bunny sitting here and reading all these nice things
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Add ME

I am going to try, and hope to do a lot better than I did in August!

Comment

Nurse, Good luck and you are added to the list!
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey, nurse, good for you! How about considering this: you will increase your odds of success if you think of it in terms of a strong commitment that means a great deal to you... rather than something you are just "going to try"?

Shelby... oh, my... the camping trip! the baby! the neighbors! you poor parents!

wip

Comment

im really tired this evening ,geting up at the crack of dawn for school and then I went on a long walk. It was such a beautifull day here for a change. I have been watching alot about the hurricane and hope to god it abates soon. Not drinking tonight will be easy as im sooo tired!

Comment

Count me in!

What a happy and great post! I wish all days could be like this!
                    :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                    AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Michaela,
                      Welcome to the Army! You are added to the list. It sounds like your day is going great! Keep it up. kriger

Comment

Back and broke

O.K. That was fun!!! If you didn't see my earlier post, I just went shopping with my AL money. Bought us a light dinner of BBQ sandwiches, curly fries, and roast corn on the cob - 1 case of beer! Local honey and beeswax candles for self and SOL Christmas gift, 1 bottle vodka! Antique mirror for cabin, 1 bottle wine! I splurged on some jewelry for us, O2M. I'll think of you AND the hangover I didn't have everytime I wear it! Lovely day here, if a little humid and breezy. And, for all you dog/pet lovers, I took my t-cup yorkie, dressed in a pink ballerina dress, matching bow, and necklace. I bought HER a life vest.
                        I'd really like to hear from ya'll creative ways you treat yourself for staying AF one more day. One last thing, I find it helps me think, even though I'm shooting for 30 days, only about making it through THIS day. Not as intimidating. Welcome all! I look so forward to getting to know you better during this trip to improve, and maybe save, our lives and families.
                        Love and hugs to all.:goodjob::welcome::l:l:thanks:
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Got my car back!!!

Oh he's cheeky that friend of mine. My hubby was telling him about how we are having balustrades put in on our staircase. The workman has been and stripped out all the existing stair rails and so on the right hand side of the staircase there is just... NOTHING. Same on the landing...

His reaction: 'Aaaaaaah, that's why she's abstaining from alcohol for 30 days!'

I'll get him!
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Good night Limers, and welcome Michaela!

Lawsie, Ruby, what a haul!!! Good for you! I did something like that a while back, at 30 days AF I bought myself a new MacBook computer. Fun (for me)! The "life jacket" gift is kinda sad, of course... actually, I just looked at CNN and saw that the levees in New Orleans have been breached, and I don't know whether to turn on TV or not. I just hate the destruction, once again.

wip

Comment

I might be getting a laptop as my treat so that I can visit MWO and you lot in my bed :H
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks wip but itll be a few hours yet before i make it up the stairs. Starting ,how are you getting on with the course?

Comment

Working...
                                X