AF Army - 1st September 2008!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just wondering where everyone else is? Thought maybe the fact I'd started the thread today put everyone off!!!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Right, lunch and Kudzu time!!! Yum!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi everyone, just checking in, although it's five minutes off being Sept 2.

Yay for all you guys - ruby, gia, vlads etc, I'm sure you will all do well.

Vlads - I get the same at work too, I would of thought everyone would have known I was a raging alchie, especially after my disgraceful appearance at work while completely off my head, yet they make alchie cracks and gossip about who drinks too much right infront of me.
        It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Hey good evening to you Zeps - I'm jealous, I'd nearly have 1 Day AF already!

Comment

Day 1 AF

Hi Guys

In need of an AF stretch so I am in too! Taking it day by day but high hopes for 30 AF, so I'm glad of the company.

more later
            am off to enjoy the freaky sunshine we have here in London today
            Anna
            IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
            Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

You'll be fine Vlad - things might get a bit crazy for you over there if you started running on NZ time
              It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Good Morning from the USA!!

I slept in the guest room last night. NOT because I am angry with hubby or Poulan but because I was suffering from that horrible headache last night and absolutely needed a night of uninterrupted sleep.

I think I hurt hubby's feelings.

Anyway, I got a whole night's sleep and it appears the meds might be working a bit. Eye was not nearly as red and swollen this morning and all I have is a dull ache as opposed to the sharp stabbing pain. YAY!!

Okay, AF since Sept 11, so this is week three for me. OMG!!

For all those who are just starting out, I would love to give some advice. Whenever the brain starts to tell you you need some alcohol, you want some alcohol, etc. Take a break.

Walk away from whatever you are doing, go some place quiet and take deep breaths. Think about good things, breath deeply and slowly, think about beautiful things. Give yourself just a bit of time to "get away" from whatever you are doing.

Gia, Limers, Vlad, it IS ODAT. No matter how we look at this or where we are in this, it is ODAT.

One of the members of my AA group who has been sober for 8 years told me the other day, "I am just as close to another drink as you are." She meant it.

I am not saying we will go through life yearning to drink like we do in the beginning but the urges do still come, even to long termers, and they do have to brush them away. The urges are not as strong but they are there.

So, AF Army, let's do September ODAT.

Friends, without your help, I would still be drinking. Somehow this thread and your struggles hit home for me and helped me get my mind set in the right place to do this.

Much gratitude and love to all of you!!

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

hi VLAD,i use to think that would be heavy on the economy,it wasnt ,people still lined up in droves to numb themselves,keep up the good threads,you are an inspiration to me, and i hope others have a great day,whether it be AL, free,or moderation gyco

Comment

dang isnt tht a great aviator finally figured how to do it,therei s a way not to drink,JUST SAY NO,you can do it

Comment

ps.

One other thing.

The thoughts about how much you want a drink are just thoughts. Remember that.

You can change thoughts, they cannot hurt you.

They might irritate the hell out of you but I always say, "I've been married for 33 years, so I know irritation." :H

Juts kidding there, but the original concept is true.

Change the thought to something else good. Over time that exercise is getting easier for me. The thoughts only last about a minute now and just "poof" go away. Once I stamp them out, I end up feeling a rush of good feelings because I have won.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey Cindi - thanks for that valuable advice and good going on Day 11! I think Day 2 evening will be when it'll start to get hard for me, I've always been able to manage 1 day AF no problem, by evening Day 2 I tend to think, 'Well I didn't drink yesterday so I deserve one!' Not this time though!

Gyco - great to see you, he's cheeky my friend - still trying to think of a good reply to write on his Facebook wall!

Comment

Hi Vlad, same here with the day two scenario.

Thanks for that advice Cindi

Hope everyone is doing well
                          ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

I have to try this. Still waiting for my supplies to arrive in the mail, but have to grit my teeth and get through the next few days. Vlad you are so upbeat and an inspiration. Very funny about boycotting the Russians. Unfortunately my beverage of choice is Wine and I think we are still ok with the French, Italians, Californias and Austrailians.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Hello Troops,

:goodjob:Good on you for starting the thread Vlad. Pleased to hear you are popping those Kudzu pills... I rate them highly! Sounds like you are having a busy day. I too have found myself spending way too much time here so I have limited myself to only coming on-line in the afternoons when I get home LOL we'll see if that works!

Cinders, I can't comprehend the pain you must be in with your eye. If anything in/on my head hurts I am man down - I think I have a very low thresh hold.

O2m, first day of school is so exciting for the kids but nerve wracking and a bit sad for Mums. How did she get on at school today... I bet she has a hundred stories to tell.

Gyco, I love your avatar - not too sure what it is, but it's cool.

Zep, i posted something to you the other day but I got the wrong thread so I had everyone very confused. I have now claimed you as my imaginary friend :H!!

Gia, that sucks working while everyone is off but like you say extra pay is nothing to be sneezed at. How is your baby girl today, has she recovered from her fall?

Welcome Londoner & Brightlite!! The more the merrier is my motto when it comes to living life AF.:welcome:

Chelle, it's wonderful to see you jumping on the AF band-wagon... How are you doing?

Ruby, I too did not tell anyone last month when I went AF. I think it was only after about 4 days that eventually I got so annoyed cause hubby hadn't noticed and I said something in a huff.... turned out he was biting his tounge dying to say something and was surprised I hadn't been shoving it down his throat LOL. It is a very private jouney that only towards the end of the month did I feel confident and happy enough to mention it to a couple my family and close friends.

Cinders;397691 wrote:
                              The thoughts about how much you want a drink are just thoughts. Remember that.
                              You can change thoughts, they cannot hurt you.
                              Well said Cinders.

Hi Limers, 1967 and Marbella
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Chelle and Brightlite, good to have you on board! Let's all grit our teeth and fight it out!

Today for me so far is going well! Just had the news that my car (that I smashed up SOBER!) has been repaired and I can pick it up!

Comment

Working...
                                X