Keep planning on starting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but gee, don't seem to DO it. was going to start today with the Sept group but didn't. woke up pretty hung over and made it until about noon, then broke down with hair of the dog. don't have any of the supplements, cds or topo that i ordered yet so not sure if i'm supposed to wait until the arsenal is all here or just try to start. read the rest of the book today, the last two chapters and thought maybe i wasn't prepared yet. could just be fooling myself though. extremely annoyed that i've wasted a long weekend doing pretty much nothing. husband is next door helping neighbors put up a fence and i'm too embarrassed to go over there, maybe someone will smell i've had vodka. trying to muffle the voice in my head that's keeps calling me a total loser......can't even keep promises to myself let alone anyone else. such a waste.

so......do i wait until all the stuff is here or try again tomorrow? in the book she says to "prepare" but i have no idea what that really means.

Today is done, but you have tomorrow. The supps and topa will help you. Don't give up....keep trying.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Babbert,
      Try again tomorrow. The supps, etc help, but mainly you need to make the committment. I wish you all the best in your journey. I hope to see more of your posts; this is an excellent place to get the support you need to get through. Kriger
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

hi babs,you can start with me tomorrow,i was stopped again for 10 months,but decided to try to mod,actually doin quite well at it,but nothing entertaining coming my way till,23 of sept, then i mite mod again,as fars as your boosin[vodka was my memises[for years,they no,hurt and what ever else they feel,they still loe or wood of left already,at least your here and willing and understand you have a challenge on your hands,rite tomorrow again or when ever im lisstenin gyco good luck

Comment

the loe is suppose to be love u

Comment

Ditto what Kriger said. There is no "perfect" time to get started, and there is certainly no way to get started too soon. The best time of all is right now, and it starts out with a mental adjustment: commitment, determination, to stop feeling like you are feeling, by stopping the thing that makes you feel that way. Period. And get all the help you can round up: MWO, especially the AF Army and BoozeBusters threads; supplements; exercise; hypno-recordings; books about recovery; medication; meditation; good nutrition; asking for help and support from family and friends; AA.... Some or all of these supports have been helpful to many of us, here. In other words, WHATEVER IT TAKES!

best wishes,

wip

Comment

hi there we were chatting last night ..and like we were saying its not easy but doable..
              just dont give up .. it doesnt happen over night so just do your best and you are not a loser or a waste of time and that the thing you have is" time " make the most of it ..
              stay strong and think positive
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

thanks tlrgs, i remember, the live chat helps quite a bit, i laugh alot which is very good right now. my biggest problem is staying positive, i've never been very positive about much, always slant neg. i suppose i can thank my mother for that tendency. i've ordered everything on the list in the book, just wish it would get here quicker. do you think it's better to start when i've got all the orders in or just add them as they show up?
                curious what to expect, especially how many days i'll be freaking out before i settle down. where's is the big hump typically, 4 days, a week?

Comment

Inspired.

Hi babbert,i to am in the same boat as you and I know with our alcohol soaked brains..sometimes we are like a dog chasing its tail..But first thing is WowI think ive found something that finally might work..I have just managed to get the book coppied to my computer,after trying several times and thinking im such a brain dead..etc etc.Ive stumbled my way around MWO....but its all happening and because I feel so positive about what ive found..Everything is going according to plan...slowly but its happening.Im still drinking, cut down a lot and about to order the KIT..Dont know how long its going to take as I live far from the states,but in the meantime ive got the book..which im just starting the second chapter..and so... ready!! I feel so ..Kind of EXCITED,like ive got a secret..Wish us both the best of luck.jonetrees

Comment

Jonetrees, thanks for writing. where are you? how far is far? maybe we can both do this together. i haven't stopped yet either but am cutting back slowly like you. i've been on this site for just 2 weeks and am amazed how comforting it is to find people like me who aren't preaching about 12 steps etc. they just take you as you are, faults and all. it's the safest place i've been in a long time. try the chat room, it's great, not sure what time zone you're in but give it a try. and let me know what you think of the book. talk/write soon i hope, Babbs.

Comment

Firstly you are NOT a loser!!!

But you do need to get your head around not having AL anymore. For me it took a little while of lurking here while I cut down drastically. I then started the supps while waiting to build up the courage to see my Doc about Topa... which I eventually did.

You can do it!! Stay focused and determined. When you are feeling down or just plain crappy, jump on-line for support and comfort.
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                      X