AF Army - 2nd September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey vlads, I'm doing good so far! It was good to see my mother getting a bit better yesterday, raising my hopes that we can get her home, at least one more time in her life. And she may surprise us (she's done it before) by really getting a LOT better. But then the problem is, when she's feeling good, she quits taking her meds and tries to run all her caregivers out of her house. So... I shouldn't get my hopes up too much for a Happy Ending! My goal is to continually just step back a bit, when I get too overly involved in what the future may hold in either direction...

Just finished re-reading The Tao of Sobriety. I recommend it very highly. A lot of stuff in there to hold on during early sobriety and also long-term freedom from alcohol abuse... the "mind game" or "mental aspect" of the whole thing. Very helpful.

wip

Comment

Thanks Cindi
      Funnily enough, I actually DO feel like I have the flu! I think the toothache is neuralgia, because I have a terrible sorethroat, headache and sniffly... at first I thought it was withdrawal symptoms but I think it actually IS a headcold! What a time to get one, eh??
      Currently drinking a nice hot blackcurrant with honey to ease the throat and going to go for a soak in the bath later. Housework is kinda "on hold" today... although I MUST get the yard hosed down (2 dogs dont half make a mess, lol) so will wrap a scarf around my mouth to keep the chill out.
      ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

I just feel like I have a hangover even though I haven't! Day 2 is always like this for me but then I usually end it with a drink! Not tonight though. The longest stint I've done AF recently is 7 days and at the moment I feel like I'm having a re-run of that. Day 3 last time was horrendous, don't think I helped myself by having 2 coffees and a can of redbull! I had to leave work I felt so bad - very embarrassing. I'm more prepared this time though and will stay off the coffees and redbull is a no no!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Good early morning to you all! Gotta leave for work/daycare earlier today. The kiddies are back in school here this morning. Traffic should be sheer hell. My eyes are burning slots of fire getting up at 5am!

Have a great day everybody. Stick to your goals. As time goes on it get's easier. Ta ta!

Comment

Cinders;398605 wrote: Chief always says "it is easier to stay quit than to keep quitting." As you go through this week, keep that in mind.
            I remember when he said this. Ain't that the truth!

Comment

O2M - Really hope you're feeling better soon.
              ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

O2M,

:l:l:l:l

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Ah crap! I noticed my pencil is gone. I must remind myself to renew my subs later! No time right now. I MUST get motivated and get ready for good ol' work.

Sorry you aren't feeling good One2. Big hugs to you, my friend.

Comment

Hugs to you, too, AFM.

So glad you are here with us!! You are always a great inspiration.

Love,
                    Cindi

ps. Single mom's work their hineys off. I know that well. Keep yourself rested until you get used to the new routine. Kudos to you for being such a great mom.
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good morning!

Vlad- Sorry about the pound you gained but yea for DrinkTracker!

Chelle- Hope that tooth gets better and I'm also dealing with a horrible Head Cold. (I think mine is from the campfire I was exposed to this weekend).

O2M-Take care of yourself, Hon.

Marbella-Sorry about your friends mom. This is a horrible disease.

Gia-I, too, must go grocery shopping. The kids are getting tired of Mac n Cheese (who knew that was possible!)

Wally-White socks are wrong, just so wrong!

Nurse-Wonderful job on not drinking. I have to hide out in my house for a few days to resist the temptations.

Cinders-Starting week 4! Well Done. I hope to be there soon!

Evie, Limers,
                      DeeBee,
                      Mad Mummy, Popeye, WiP, AFM, and anyone else I missed Have a great day!

Comment

Me and my big mouth R.E. cravings, now 14.31pm and I'm craving one! I've taken the Kudzu again as well. There's me, 'I've only had a few twinges, blah, blah, blah!' Shut up Vlad! Could do with some lemon fanta or something, water just doesn't take the edge off!
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Wow --- the thread has been active this morning! Don't have time to read through all those pages, but wanted to report in. Starting day 2 here. Will stick to taking the supps and keeping my resolve to stay AF.
                          There is a whole lot of inspiration to be found here ... I know I couldn't do this on my own, so thank you every one of you!

Comment

Yeah, I suppose it's best if you're not feeling well O2M.

Comment

Oops, hello New Day! Day 2 for me too!

Comment

ahh, poor leprechaun! Can you get that husband to come home and take care of you and kiddos???

wip

Comment

Working...
                                X