AF Army - 2nd September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone - Day 2 for me. To be honest I feel pretty poo! I had a very disturbed and nightmarish sleep and had a dream that I was very drunk! Woke up at around 4.00am and thought it was Saturday for about 2 hours. Fortunately I eventually realised it wasn't and I've got to my place of work this morning!!!

The worst of it, I have a headache? What's that about, now that's all inside out... and feel like someone's wringing my liver out like a sponge!

Anyway, I mean to carry on as I started - again taken my Kudzu and vits, drunk my Milk Thistle tea and eaten some cereal (not necessarily in that order). Buzzed again driving to work - is this right???

Maybe by mid-morning I'll feel better... my plan for today? Well work obviously, might try and motivate myself to go for a walk lunchtime, got to do my grocery shopping when I get home (buy some Shloer Red Grape - which is stupidly placed opposite the vodka - not considerate at all to us alkies), then do some work for church. A busy day again.

Hope you all are feeling fresher than me and have a GREAT DAY!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Morning everyone.
    Hi Vlad, I had a terrible night's sleep too, mainly because of toothache. Managed to doze off at around 5am and have woken up feeling awful... MAJOR headache and cold sweats
    Thought being AF meant I wouldnt have to wake up and go straight to the paracetamol, but still took it to take the edge off the toothache.. sod's law!!!
    Never managed to get past Day Two before, so im taking each hour as it comes and going to try and keep myself busy.
    Wishing everyone a happy sober day
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Hi Chelle... oh the dreaded toothache that you somehow always get when you decide to be AF - that happened to me when I did 40 days 2 years ago. I was on Day 38 and I'd got an abcess. I'd taken the maximum dose of painkillers I could take in one day and was still in excruciating pain. Mum suggested a whiskey... I held firm though and didn't give in!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi Vlad, and now the paracetmols are having a bad effect on my stomach... I guess I shouldnt have taken those co-codamols at 3am, but I needed something stronger than paracetamol. Also hoped the co-codamols would send me to sleep...they usually do.
        Gah... this is going to be a tough day. Hard enough to get through Day 2, never mind an upset stomach and toothache.
        Will plod on and try and get some housework done.
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

That's the best way Chelle - keep your mind occupied with something else, WE CAN DO THIS!

Comment

Hi there
            I'm sorry vlad I had to laugh...38 days and then an absess that is not on is it and fancy your mum suggesting whisky:H:H
            chelle I have occasionally got past day 2 but never 3(well not since pregnant 4 years ago) I'm hanging in there on day2 as well
            Take care
            Eviex
            Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
            Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
            For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
            "

Comment

Hi Evie! Yes hang in there!

O2M - Sounds like you feel a lot worse than me, hope you feel better after your nap!

Comment

Whats wrong with one2?

Comment

Arrrrgh! Trying to mock up a brochure and am sticking pages together. I'm a little shaky and was concentrating hard to get the pages straight to then realise I'd only stuck the pages UPSIDE DOWN. A colleague was watching and laughed at me as I yelled "OH ARSE!!!"

Comment

limers;398515 wrote: Whats wrong with one2?
                    She wasn't feeling too good yesterday I don't think and has posted this morning she's too sick to type, is having a sleep and will be on later.

Comment

Hi Soldiers-

So sorry to hear you are all in the wars- Vlad I felt like absolute s***e for the first 5 days then it got better.

Poor Chelle- can you get to a dentist? Here in the chemist they do a spray which numbs the tooth- it is really good but I don't know if you can get it in the UK?

0M2- maybe it is time to see a doc? You may have a virus or something.

To everyone else it sounds like all did really well yesterday...I am keeping VERY busy which is really great as thoughts of booze are less and less- I wouldn't have time to drink at the moment even if I wanted to. The little voice still keeps popping up though- I guess it will take a long time for him to go.

I hope all ailments clear up before the evening and wish you all a great alchie free day!

Comment

Hello Troops,

Sorry to hear you are all down. It is not an easy journey going AF but it is a worthwile one... you WILL find joy, peace and a sense of self worth at the end of it!

Chelle, toothache is a bugger, I sympathise with you! Is it an absess do you think? Over here we put clove oil on the offending tooth which although it tastes vile it will numb the pain.

Vladster day 1 AF... WELL DONE!!! I took one look at the photo of your staircase and literally cr*pped myself! Don't be tottering up and down those stairs in the middle of the night to get a glass of water. As for the headaches, yip I remember then all to well from last month. Drink lots of water to flush out the system and keep you hydrated that's about the only thing that worked for me.

O2m, is it your tummy that is still worrying you? I hope that you do take the advise here and go and see a Doc about it and speak to him/her about your diet too as it is very possibly related. I hope you get some rest today with all the little ones running circles around you.

Marbella, tell that little voice to p*ss right off. Cindi posted some good advice recently about it being our decision to drink or not. Just remember you are stronger than the voice and YOU make the decisions in your life.

Evie, hang in there!! Why do you think it is that you've never made it past 3 days AF?

Hey Limers, how are you today?

Well my day has started off with a bang!! Saw the Doc this morning and I'm back on that revolting med which has horrid side effects so even if I wanted to drink (which I don't) I wouldn't be able to as it has a similar effect as Antabuse and will make me violently ill. So I am going to "work" from home this week. I am planning on making double choc-chip cookies this afternoon... yummy! I have developed a real sweet tooth since going AF.

I am on Day 33 today which is kinda cool as it's the same as my age LOL!!!

I hope everyone has a good day today.

WELL DONE AF TROOP!! :goodjob:
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Who minds her Gia when your work? you must find it hard leaving her behind.

Comment

Ugh! Just got out of a PR Meeting - not feeling much better really yet, luckily we have a cold water machine so I can drink plenty of water!

Comment

going to try the clove oil, cos I cant bear this anymore
                              I can stand a lot of pain, but toothache is the one pain I cant bear.
                              Darent take any more painkillers.. stomach is cramped up and bloated through the ones ive already took.
                              This is a nightmare Day2 for me... look and feel crappy.
                              And I feel so TIRED.. Havent any energy at all.
                              Sorry if Im putting everyone on a downer... just finding this really really hard.
                              Think I'll go lie down for a bit..try and get a nap.

Comment

Working...
                              X