Melatonin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melatonin

I picked up some 300 mcg melatonin tablets and was wondering how many I should take to start off with to achieve sleep? Also can you take this in conjunction with Diphenhydramine?

Melatonin

Holden,

I take 6 mg of Melatonin. When I was in rehab, that is what they gave me every night.

I am not sure about taking it with Benadryl. I usually do one or the other.

A tip. Melatonin does not seem to help the first week of not drinking but after that it helps immensely and unlike Benadryl does not make you wake up groggy.

Good luck!!

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Melatonin

I found this link:
      Melatonin - Herbs & Supplements - Drug Library - DrugDigest

According to the link taking Melatonin along with Topa and an otc sleep aid sounds ok, am I correct?

Comment

Melatonin

Holden

Non-prescription Drugs

The sleep-producing effects of over-the-counter products containing diphenhydramine or doxylamine can be enhanced by taking melatonin at the same time. Diphenhydramine and doxylamine are contained in many over-the-counter sleep aids as well as in some cough and cold products, therefore caution should be used when taking these medications with melatonin because excessive drowsiness may result.
        It sounds like it is not okay based on the above. I would use caution if I were you.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
        X