Please Help Animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help Animals

Many of us are having issues with our pets lately. Either death or diagnosis of non-treatable diseases which will result in having to put the pets to sleep way too early in life. Here is a link to a site where we can do something to actually improve the lives of other animals. Please visit it. All you have to do is click. Please visit is a million times a day and click. Click instead of picking up the glass or bottle of booze. I just cannot stand feeling victimized by things we cannot control and this is a way to help. And it is easy and free!

Thanks!

Click to Give @ The Animal Rescue Site

Please Help Animals

I clicked.

Thanks for the link LuCKy.

My dog had a health scare a few weeks ago.

Thinking of all of you who have sick or dying pets.

Comment

Please Help Animals

I don't get it, but I'll be clicking away.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Please Help Animals

Thanks Beatle. Maybe it will make more sense after you go to the link. Thank you again.

Comment

Please Help Animals

Hi Lucky

I have been clicking daily for about two years now- I receive the daily email to remind me. I also like reading the rescue story put there everyday.

Comment

Please Help Animals

Marbella- I knew I loved you!!!!! Thank you! And the pets thank you!!! You rock!!! And I never say that!

xoxoxooxoxo

Comment

Please Help Animals

That's a great site, Lucky. Thanks for "introducing" me. Animals need all the advocates they can get, since they can't speak for themselves. I wonder what the cows would say, for example, if they could talk, on their way to slaughter.

I just wish all the people who care so much about pets -- be they dogs, cats, hamsters, birds, etc. -- could understand that cows, pigs, and chickens are no different. How can compassionate people feed their doggies scraps of beef or pork from the table, and look at them lovingly in the eyes?
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Please Help Animals

I have dogs, cats and chickens whom I love....... but I also feed my family and my pets meat. That doesn't make me a non-compassionate person.

Some people eat meat. Some animals eat other animals. It's the circle of life.

Anyway, this isn't about vegetarianism!

Comment

Please Help Animals

Clicked!
                  ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Please Help Animals

I didn't say anything about vegetarianism. In fact, I don't like any "isms".

I sincerely cannot understand this. Why is is not ok to eat a dog but it is ok to eat a cow?

Comment

Please Help Animals

I am sure it is okay in some cultures to eat dogs. My personal preference would be to not eat dog, whereas beef is eaten freely within my culture. Different religions may argue it is not okay to eat cows.

It is all about personal choice and belief.

But since we mentioned dogs..... are dogs not physically made to eat meat? I am sure my dogs would turn their noses up at a Waldorf Salad. My dogs love meat in any form. Especially big juicy bones from other animals.

Comment

Please Help Animals

I guess you are right about the dogs, I mean that they are physically made to eat meat. I do know people who have fed their dogs vegetarian diets and they have made sure they are healthy, but it is a lot of work, and obviously not what the dogs would be eating if they were in the wild. But they are not in the wild, are they? Humans domesticated them. That's another issue altogether, though.

Personal preference: Yes, you are right, that's what it is all about. And, as you say, culture.

Still, we as humans don't have to listen to what our culture says. All major progress in civilization has come from daring to question and daring to change.

A dog and a cow and a pig are all at about the same intelligence level. They all feel pain and have emotions. They are all sentient beings. They are all God's creations, if you will. Yet we ferverently love and protect dogs while we systematically kill and eat cows.

Personal preference, yes. Culture, yes.

As for myself, I love dogs and cats and cows and pigs. And I choose to follow my human instincts, rather than that which my culture tells me.

But I live and let live. So I will say no more on this subject.

Lucky, it's a great site, and I hope and believe you have done a lot of good for the animals by introducing it here. I will be clicking every day, or more.

Comment

Please Help Animals

I used to be a pet sitter and had that on my front page of website. Everytime I clicked it, it made me feel a little better
                          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Please Help Animals

And whenever I see this on TV, you can bet I'm running to the computer to donate!

[ame= ]YouTube - Sarah McLachlan Asks You to Help Animals[/ame]
                            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Please Help Animals

Thank you Lucky, and I am setting that site to remind me to go to it every day. I was so damn sorry to hear about your puppy. I completely agree with you about goddam puppy mills and some of the unscrupulous breeders. You are right, this is a wonderful response to our anger and grief, and our compassion.

My two dogs, my babies, are both around 12 years old, and I am already anticipating the grief that is coming when I lose them.

wip

Comment

Working...
                              X