AF Army - 3rd September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The All One is good for replacing lots of pills, I put water, then a splash of juice, then all one in the shaker bottle and then just down it, like don't try to make it a dessert or anything cuz it won't work no matter how many recipes they try to give us. But it is one of the good things I do for my body after all the abuse. I know Ruby, I love to cook too.
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

startingover;399798 wrote: WIP, the Allone will absorb much better than tablets as it is in powder form. Our guts are more than likely damaged due to al and our absorption ability is probably compromised. The Lglut will help repair the gut lining. I think having the combination of Amino acids in the formula will make a big difference too.
      OK, that makes sense, but I am also taking a bunch of amino acids in capsule (liquids in gel) form! I guess I am looking for an excuse not to use the AllOne (which, as Wally points out, is made out of bad, gritty stuff).

Grr, I hate doing stuff that I hate doing... Poor me!! LOL

wip

Comment

WIP, she is right, bad and gritty sum it up
        If you are taking liqiuid amino's and a good quality multi, that should be OK?
        I am also taking l glut in powder and that ain;t so great either (
        Never mind, all this is doing me the WORLD of good and I must be looking better as someone said to me today "are you in your thirties???" LOL I am 45!!!!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey all. Congrats to the newbies -- Day 3 is a big one. Stay strong!

I'm doing well. I've lost 11 or 12 pounds since I quit drinking -- about a half pound a day. Lots of biking, and trying to eat better. Plus of course I'm not drinking 1500 empty calories every night. At this rate, I'll be in fighting shape by mid-October! Woohoo! Go Army!

peace,
          lilnev
          Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
          A: Practice, of course.

Comment

Okay, does anyone else get the three day itchies? I swear this is driving me crazy. It always happens on my 3rd day. I do not know if it something mental with me or if this is symptom of something else.

Comment

I posted this in another thread, but now I realize no one is going there. Would like to post where people see it.

Hi, I am just starting this program. I decided I could not survive, physically, emotionally, financially without stopping how I was drinking (often more than a half a fifth of vodka a day). Last Wednesday I had 1/2 beer the first day, then nothing. On Monday this week after going through a not too bad withdrawel, I was invited out with new people. ended up on the beach with beer. I had possibly a whole beer (hard to tell, they were being poured) I had them only fill my glass 1/3rd, twice. I said early I was the designated driver.

I was afraid that I would use that to start the vodka again, but it did not.

What I did do is smoke a little pot. I am not a pot smoker usually,(we are talking years between smoking). But a friend got me some, and I like a little in the evening now. I know it isn't perfection, but it is a hell a lot better than what I was doing just eight days ago.

Also, I am indulging in things that are 'fattening'. In the evening I am treating myself to hot rice milk with spices or half frozen mango. It is funny how false logic is used. I would be so good about my diet. Flawless, except then go all out for booze. I know mango is good for you, or hot rice milk, but in my crazy world, I had to shore up calories somewhere. Last night I had Waldorf salad with my dinner.... usually a no-no. I yummed it up. And no booze.

I do believe in the ability to moderate. I also respect the ability of the mind to trick. I may be trading a half a bottle of vodka for two or three hits of pot, but that seems like a pretty good trade off. I have been sleeping well and get up early now. Let's see how this plays out...

If you want more of my story, search Elfin - "The jig is up"

Elfin

Comment

Thanks Wally. I'll look for that. It's my arms as well as back and neck.

Elfin-Welcome and good luck with your journey. I know for me all I would do is replace one chemical for another.

Comment

Yes, hang in there. You will be home soon and can have your cuddles!

Comment

Hi Elfin

Welcome!

I once decided I would smoke a bit of pot instead of drinking. I smoked a bit in my early 20s but never took to it like I did drinking. However I ended up becoming re-addicted to the tobacco I was mixing it with, (after going for around 6 years without a ciggie) and forgetting about the pot, and just smoking 10 fags a night as well as my daily quota of beer!

It didn't work for me (It took me another 6 months to get back of the cigs) but if I works for you or at least gets you off it to begin with, I think that's fine. At least pot doesn't make us angry, insult people, fall over, or wake up with an enormous hangover.

It just used to make me sleepy

Good luck.

Comment

Hey Elfin, welcome. Yes I agree with the others, the pot is a good substitute if it gets you through the first few days. It doesn't make you sick the next day. Haven't had any in years and years. Will watch out for the itchies...
                      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Freaking triggers! The baby will not do anything but whine and cry. Will not freaking nap or eat. Maybe I should drop in on the F@#%& thread.
                        That's really good Gia.

Comment

Whew!! What a long read.

Elfin, I am not sure trading one addiction for another is a great idea. And since pot is quite illegal here, I can't speak to it. But, if you can use it short term and then stop it would be great!!

Everyone else, I am still sober and doing fine.

Gotta run for now but will check in later.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Guys, Just checking in to see how you're all doing. Been a tough evening for me this one, but going for a soak in the bath now.
                            How has everyone coped tonight on this our "Day 3" ? Hope everyone is well and good.
                            Love,
                            C
                            ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Good going, everyone! Sorry the baby is still going kinda nutso, Shelby... I can't imagine. I have enough trouble just letting dogs in and out and listening to one of the kitties yowling at me when SHE thinks it is time for her to eat...

On the "pot" issue, I tend to put it right into the same category as the other drugs that people often turn to during early recovery, which are the anti-anxiety meds that are often prescribed: librium, valium, xanax, ativan... they make a person feel really relaxed... and they are very addictive. Seems like playing with fire, to me... and, since (for me) being AF is all about opening myself up to life as it is, instead of hiding behind a hazy cloud created by some kind of drug, it just goes against what I am trying to accomplish.

wip

Comment

Checking in here from Sunny Cali. Are we all supposed to be doing drink tracker? It's only the mid afternoon here. Some of you are already headed to bed!

Have a good one and keep up the great work and great thread!

Michaela
                                :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                                AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Working...
                                X