Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Failure - sorry!! How weak am I????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chardonnay,
    The "Tell your Story" thread is a good place to read about everyone's lives and triggers. Mine started out to be just a 'social drinker' at weekends, which escalated into drinking at home when I becamse a single parent and then kind of took over my whole life. In the past year I havent strung together 2 days without drinking at least two bottles of wine a day.
    Things came to a head when my partner had to ring my mobile phone a couple of weeks ago because he couldnt find me and I didnt know where I was. He found me sitting in a back lane in the pouring rain, close to hypothermia and had to carry me home..
    I still drank after that, but have joined the September AF Army and havent drank since sunday night. This is Day 3 for me (for the first time in over a YEAR) and yes, its been bloody hard and living opposite an off-licence which happens to have an 8 foot poster of a bottle of beer(!) outside doesnt help! lol.

Marbella's advice on the antabuse is good. Im still waiting for mine to arrive, but I KNOW I cant drink with it. My doctor refused to give it to me, saying all I needed to do was "stop drinking" (how helpful of him!) and I have a slight concern over any side effects, but I think what Im doing to my health now is far worse than any side effects Antabuse has to offer.

Also, might be a good thing to have a heart-to-heart with your other half.. he may be annoyed with you, but that's NO REASON for him to lash out or shove you around. You need his support now - not his frustration. If you show him that you really want to change, then Im sure he'll be there for you.
    Keep reading and Keep posting,
    Love
    Chelle
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

We've all been there

Chardonnay,

I could empathize with you when reading your first post. I have written in here before when I felt like a terrible failure--lower than I've ever been before because of my drinking. I have been trying to stop for a couple of months, and haven't been successful, but each month I am drinking less--not just less each day, but more days AF. And it is really getting easier. I could never imagine when I first started how I would ever get through a day without alcohol. I am not taking anything other than the supplements. I feel good about my progress. So, don't feel badly if you can't "just stop". If it was so easy, we wouldn't all be here. But I am certain that if you keep trying it will get easier and you will feel better about it. You don't have to be 100% to be a success-as long as you are making progress. Maybe if you look at it that way it will be easier??? I hope so.:l

Comment

Working...
      X