Clear All

Polite Posting

Thanks Cindi,
    Great post! xx
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Polite Posting

I hope that we all remember those wise words before we hit the "submit" button, Cindi. Thanks for reminding us about minding our "netiquette", and the consequences of not doing so. It has been like a nuclear winter around here, and several members are in hibernation because of it. Smooches, love.
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Polite Posting

I applaud you for that Cindi ! IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Polite Posting

As with all of your posts Cindi that was a great one. I hope we can all keep it in mind next time.

Michaela
          :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
          AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Polite Posting

Yes, thank you, Cindi. I would also ask that people don't hold grudges either. If someone had 'words' with your friend 100 years ago, don't freeze out that person. There are people here whose posts I wouldn't post on, not because I dislike them, but more I am afraid of them. I don't like that.

Comment

Polite Posting

Great post, Cindi...

Comment

Polite Posting

Lila;400585 wrote: Yes, thank you, Cindi. I would also ask that people don't hold grudges either. If someone had 'words' with your friend 100 years ago, don't freeze out that person. There are people here whose posts I wouldn't post on, not because I dislike them, but more I am afraid of them. I don't like that.
                Yes me too. It might be a good time to use the 'ignore' feature.

Comment

Polite Posting

Cindi, what a gracious post and I agree 100% with all you have to say.
                  A F F L..
                  Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Polite Posting

Cindy, thank you.
                    :l
                    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Polite Posting

Cindi,
                      Great, well thought out, post. I'm sure I will have no problem abiding by the netiquette you suggested. It seems like it should be common sense, don't you think, Cindi? Krigs
                      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Polite Posting

Thanks haven't posted in a while...

Cindi, thanks. I have much to think about while lurking more than participating lately...you see while I come here I don't really follow the MWO program, some parts yes, but not others. I practice harm reduction and have been in the long term examining my use as opposed to feeling like or being pressured to do something about it. I think there is value in a place where I have been able to talk about my use honestly in a way that you don't have to be this way or that in order to be open about it. There are people sometimes who drink and post in AF areas and there are some people who go to the mods section only to talk about how they found they couldn't do it which I personally find discouraging, but would never say someone should and should not post anywhere. There are so few places to talk about this stuff without the all or nothing mentality that goes with addictions treatment, that this place hes been and continues to be good for me. For whatever may be said at times or whatever alliances formed...I am not here often enough to know of these things I guess...sometimes someone here says something truly inspiring or unequivicably human and that is worth a little BS now and again.

Comment

Polite Posting

i love you Cindi...TONS
                          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Polite Posting

Words to live by! Thanks Cindi!

Comment

Polite Posting

Cindi ....Gr888 post, you have said so well.

Love

Teardrop.x
                              family is everything to me

Comment

Polite Posting

Thanks so much Cindi...After all,we surely have more important things in common on this site than we have things to differ about.Aren't we here to help each other Heal from a life threatening disease...That's why I am here and will continue to work towards that common goal..
                                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X