Addicted to MWO???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addicted to MWO???

Does anyone else ever feel guilty about being on the forums too much? Lately I've been "checking in" here like 8 times a day. It does help keep me focused on staying off AL, which has been REALLY hard for me lately (Day 3 today), but I feel like I'm not getting anything done!

You guys are just too engrossing!

Addicted to MWO???

Only 8 times a day - think I'm on permanently!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Addicted to MWO???

one2many;400709 wrote:
      Now for actually doing it..........hmmmmmmmmmm. i will start tomorrow.
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Addicted to MWO???

Look at it this way. If you were to go into inpatient alcohol treatment, you'd be there 24 hours a day for 30 days or so. If you were doing intensive outpatient alcohol treatment, you'd be there, working on stuff, for around 3-4 hours per day, plus homework. Those of us who are working on early sobriety in our own homes have WAY more triggers and opportunities to fail than those who are getting help outside of their homes, and engaged with counselors and other group members (other "patients"). I don't think ANY amount of time is too much on here, when you are in the early days of getting off alcohol.

wip

Comment

Addicted to MWO???

Well said WIP - totally agree.

I get up at 5am for my first fix ......just to see what's happened overnight.....then I have a sneaky look from work......when no one is looking......then as soon as I get home until bedtime. I sometimes, like tonight, eat my dinner up here in front of the pc.

I do worry that I am a bit obsessed but anyway, WIP knows about these things and as far as I'm concerned she knows best !
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Addicted to MWO???

I agree WIP- anything that keeps us sober these first weeks is acceptable

Maybe some of us would find the below model useful...

Comment

Addicted to MWO???

Thought you were logging off Marbella )))))
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Addicted to MWO???

I do find this site compelling, and I've been hanging out here awhile, longer than some. I feel like I am still working out my alcohol-related issues, and this is my therapy support group. When I am done with my issues, I believe my coming here will taper off. I certainly have plenty of other things to do in my life. I hope to always stop by occasionally to say a few helpful words to others.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Addicted to MWO???

hi spot, thats the idea,to stay focused,from the AL,and yes anything can be addictive if you let it gyco

Comment

Addicted to MWO???

adictted to MWO? who me? no no boss. it just seems like its always on my computer screen. not sure why.

its only for a few hours. like from when i wake up till i go to bed.. cant be all that bad can it?

HeHeHe

its a wonderful Place. how could you not be addicted..

karl

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

Working...
                    X