Baby Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Steps

I am looking for someone who is willing to take baby steps with me. I have been a member of MWO for more than two years, but one goal that I have been unable to obtain is 5 days AF. Now granted sometimes I may only have a beer or even just a half of a beer, but that ruins my string of day. I cannot even come close to the ascribed 30 days AF. So I am looking for a five day partner who will support me as much as I will support them. I just so desperately what to conquer that 5 day mark--without so much as even a sip of alcohol. That's how high I have raised the bar for myself right now. And just like people who work out and have buddies, people who are abstaining from alcohol need buddies as well. Is there anyone out there who hasn't quite been able to make it to that five day mark who would like to face that challenge with me. After that, we can reach for the moon! Let me know.

Baby Steps

Hi Julie,
    No matter what the goal is that you set for yourself, you can always join in any of the abs threads. Keep in mind, everyone does this one day at a time.Don't sell yourself short, you can do whatever you truly set your mind to. So hop on the 30 day thread for a start. The key is stay focused on living AF and not when you can have your next drink! If you are focused on your next drink and not being AF (even for a day), you will struggle each day.....because you are still focused on alcohol. What ever we focus on is what we do.....that is just how it is! Good Luck!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Baby Steps

Hi, hun. Wow, you can have just one sip of beer! Do know how much so many people would be able to say that! But I can see you've set your goal, and that's great. I have 5 days today, but everyday we are all just one drink away, whether we have 5 days or 5 years. It's so brave of you to start this thread and ask, and I'll do anything I can to help. Anyway, like I said, this might as well be day one for me. I'll put you on my buddy list right now, and you can either come to the boards and talk, or PM me anytime. I'm not on here all day, but I check back a lot. Keep on posting, dear. You'll pass your goal!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
      X