Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army - 5th September 2008

Morning troops!

It's Friday, Day 5 for me and a first major hurdle - I think weekends are hard for everyone, although I often wonder why considering it didn't matter what day it was when I was drinking, I just drank regardless. So I guess I just need to look at being AF the same way - the day is not important.

I feel a bit muggy today, and my Kudzu was repeating on me driving to work, thought I might chuck but then, "BURRRRREEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRP!" Woo! That was a sigh of relief!

Luckily for me I've chosen to start up my youth club again at church which runs from 7.30pm-9.30pm thus taking up most of my evening. The past few months I've been in the pub every Friday - naughty, naughty! Anyway, when I get back I'll have a cup of tea and go to bed.

Still not really got a plan for Saturday evening, need to think of one quick!

Oh welcome to Seacailin who I saw joined the troops yesterday - I briefly scanned through the thread quickly this morning. If you joined yesterday and I've not welcomed you PM me and tell me off!!!

Have a fantastic Friday!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

I was sat here thinking "where is Vlad?" - only on Day 2 and feeling very day 2ish. Good to know you're there.

Bx

Comment

Good morning everyone. Had a couple of jittery moments last night, but when i thought about where i was this time last week, the urges went. Havent noticed any real changes since i started taking the campral 3 weeks ago. Does it take time to kick in? The weather is so bad here in wales tdy, and i have to go to town. Really cant wait!
      Hope everyone has a positive day and i look forward to catching up when i get home
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Good Morning all!

Hope all headaches and stuff have gone, and we are all looking forward to an alchie free Friday- I don't know why Friday still holds the thoughts of wanting to drink because for the last 20 plus (minus the few short AF periods) I have drunk every single day! I think I once went 12 years straight without missing a day so why this Friday thing! Mad- it is just that a***hole Al speaking again.

I was thinking this morning how although being AF I do not enjoy activities I liked when drinking (going to bars, spending time with drinking friends) I am really enjoying things I used to hate! Even cleaning the house, hanging the washing up, cleaning up after the dogs

This is a very nice, unexpected side effect.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

Comment

I really felt quite ill in the night, semi woke up with a dreadful sore throat (think I've got an ulcer there), the sweats and thought I was going to throw up. Thankfully it passed!!! Still feeling muggy though.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mad Mummy;401046 wrote: I was sat here thinking "where is Vlad?" - only on Day 2 and feeling very day 2ish. Good to know you're there.
            Bx
            Don't worry I've not given in - I have no intention to either! :H Don't think I welcomed you in my morning welcome message, so...

:welcome: to the AF Army.

Comment

Hmmm... been wondering this the last few days. Is it me or does Milk Thistle make you go to the loo a lot???

Comment

vlad;401056 wrote: Hmmm... been wondering this the last few days. Is it me or does Milk Thistle make you go to the loo a lot???
                Do you mean to pee alot?

Comment

Yeah...

Comment

I think it's just not drinking AL - I'm always staggered and quite put out by the times I need to pee when not boozing - perhaps that's just me??

Comment

Maybe it's because I'm drinking anything non-AL I can get my hands on. Thinking about it I've so far drunk this morning:
                      • A mug of milk thistle tea
                      • A glass of water to take my suppsHalf a mug of coffee (it went cold whilst typing this morning's thread!)

Comment

Just been asked if I wanted to order anything for breakfast - I always usually decline but I thought, 'Hey it's Friday and I'm not going to drink - I'll have a bacon barm with brown sauce!' Naughty Vladders.

Comment

Ewwww! You'd think it'd be hot, blooming thing's stone cold.

Comment

Mingin'

Comment

Grrr.....Just checked in and crashed when I hit submit. Well, anyway. New recruit, reporting for duty. I am up bright and early; working Day shift today. Yuck!! Day 4 today. Stocked up on L-Glut and Calme Forte yesterday, now just need the kudzu. The guy in the store looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked for kudzu. I am still considering the Topa. I will take all the help that I can get at this point. I plan to go to AA tonight, and then come home and jump on here. Friday night jams sounds good. Hope u all have a great day.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                              X