AF Army - 5th September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I can join you. Looking forward to it. Sounds like fun.
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Duh!!! 4pm what country?

Comment

Greenhouse, welcome! The jams usually start pretty early measured by USA time zones but they keep on going until late at night, early in the morning usually, even on USA time! It's a lot of fun.

wip

Comment

Absolutely!!! Gonna find some stuff that I really like, and see what y'all think!!!

wip

Comment

Where do I find the jams? On this thread? Sorry if I'm being a dumb dumb.
            Right now it's 9:50 a.m. here.

Comment

Thanks One!

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!
                I can't stay on long; I'm already late for work! Whoa is me...
                Everyone sounds great. We'll have an 80 degree day with sun shining all around...a good day to feel good. Good luck on Day 1 Green!! The Fri Night Jam will help you get through tonight. I will post later when I can talk to everyone. Good to see you, you Happy White Goat!!!
                Kriger
                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

I'm a bit of a late started today - just woke up from a afternoon nap and still feel shi*tty.

Damn there is a lot to catch up on...

brb
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Off to a late start on the boards today. Just woke up after an afternoon nap and I still feel like shite.

There's a lot of reading to catch up on... brb
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Sorry guys, Im out of the AF Army in September after 4 and a half days...

When I picked my son up from school (he had painful eczema) I was told in no uncertain terms that "It really hasnt been looked after properly"...
                      I felt like CRAP....
                      I've been bathing his feet, putting 3 types of cream that was prescribed for him on and massaging the circulation back.

I felt so awful, I couldnt even answer them... just stood there with my mouth open and going a shade of red.
                      The doc said it was inflamed ecszema... probably brought on by noth drying himself thoroughly after bathing... but the thing is, my son is 13 now...and wouldnt really appreciate me stnading over him in the bathroom, watching him dry himself! All I can do, is take his word for it, that he's dried properly.
                      CHRIST... If I DID watch him, then Id be classed as a perve or somethign in today's society... there's no win situation.

Anyway... I've put him on the settee in front of the tv and bathed his feet and put more prescribed cream on him. He's moody and irritable, and Im close to tears... Ive so much housework, but brought him his dinner to eat on a tray.

My partner is due back any minute and Ive had a half bottle of wine...feel like shit... dunno WHAT Im going to say.

Sorry guys... this is my last post on this thread I guess.

C
                      ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

My head is still up it's bum so forgive me if I don't address everyone.

Cindi, wishing you all the best for the MRI!

Vlad, you are absolutely right. I don't know why we make such a big deal out of weekends... it's just another day and most of us used to drink everyday anyway. So to all the newbies who have joined - it is great to see so many new avatars LOL.... stay strong this weekend and just think of it like any other day except you can have FUN FUN FUN without AL!

Stay strong everyone and have a great AF weekend.

Love Dee

Comment

Chelle, I just missed your post.

You have done so well, don't let this take your AF days!! Stay strong and know that we are all here for you to lean on... lets work through it today.

Don't give up on your AF-ness now when you need it the most.

((((((HUG)))))))

Comment

Chelle-I'm sorry.
                            It's not your last day.
                            Tomorrow the date will change and it will be a new beginning.

Comment

Thanks O2M, Shelby and Dee... means a lot to hear what you posted.
                              I feel a bit of a failure, but there would be no point in lying to the thread.
                              If Im still wanted here, then it's soooo much appreciated... I feel better knowing Im welcome.
                              Will be sober tomorrow, and STAY sober for the September Army.
                              Thanks Guys,
                              Love you loads..
                              Going to have a pint of water now.
                              ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Oh Chelle, I can just imagine how you both feel. I had bad excema as a kid and it is such a bugger to treat. Sometimes no matter what you do, nothing seems to help.

The school had NO RIGHT to tell you that. It is making my blood boil just thinking about it.

Please don't let this slip put you off. We love you here and together we will all see this through xxxx
                                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X