AF Army - 5th September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much support, and none of that'youve let everyone down' crap from people who dont understand. I dont really know anyone here, but you can feel the kindness and honest worry and care coming from the posts. So glad i found u all. And Chelle, i dont know u, but i know wine very very well, and your not the first by a long way, and u wont be the last. The times ive picked myself off the floor after fighting and being knocked out by mr white wine! Your honesty shows that u want to do this, cause we all know that an alcoholic is the best fibber in the world if they really DONT want to stop. Theres always tmr.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

A colleague had heard that I liked to drink vodka straight, and was asking how often I drank it.

I explained I wasn't drinking at the moment and his immediate response was:

'Why? Are you an alcoholic?'

The cheeky sod.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Chelle12;401422 wrote:
        Sorry guys... this is my last post on this thread I guess.
        C
        Chelle - don't feel you need to leave the thread - just try again!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Vlad, hope you gave him what for?
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

startingover;401505 wrote: Vlad, hope you gave him what for?
            The problem was I think I went bright red. I laughed and said, 'No? What is this? An interrogation?'

Comment

Some people are so effing tactless aren't they?

Comment

I don't think I responded in the best way, think it was obvious I was embarrassed. He asked how I was finding it and I said. 'Not bad.' And he said, 'Just wait till the weekend, bet you'll fail.' To be honest, just makes me more determined not to!!!

Comment

What a W*nker!!!

Comment

To think I wished him all the best in his wrestling competition this weekend as well.

Comment

Reporting back for duty after a few days away. I took my middle son to visit colleges for a few days and was ready to happily report that I was on day 10 today until last night.....
                      I was tired driving home(about a 5 hour drive) so I stopped and had a Starbucks latte. I normally don't drink coffe from Starbucks, especially at 5pm. I got the worst case of the caffeine shakes!!! By the time I got home I was so jittery that the only thing i could think to do was have a glass of wine. It did help the jitters so I continued to polish off the bottle. What an idiot I am!!! So instead of reporting back on day 10 I'm on day 1 again.
                      It's so comforting to come back and find you all here. Great to see some new faces as well. I have to re-read the threads and see what I've missed.
                      Have to go pick my youngest up from school but wanted to tell Chelle how awful her son's school is for saying that to her!! Of course you're not responsible for how your 13 year old son dries himself!!! I'm flabbergasted at how they could say such things to you. Come back here tomorrow. We'll add up those AF days again!!
                      Will cehck back later
                      Janet

Comment

BIG DOIN'S HERE! For the first time in months and months, Hubs feels comfortable enough with my stability he's fine for me to go alone to our mountain house next week! Can't tell you what that means, since there have been UUGGLY scenes there. I leave tomorrow, so I'll check in before I leave and report back for duty 'soon as I'm back. SOSOOSOSOSO excited!
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well everyone, I'm off to run my youthclub, enjoy the Friday Night Jams. Will update later.

Comment

*Pint of water drank*... glug glug

My other half is now making me an ice cream float... yum.
                            ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Chelle --- that's great that you've decided to stop right now. You'll feel better in the morning for it (in more ways than one!). I'm also on day 5 and have never made it past this point..... I don't think I should have any major triggers other than "it's Friday night".... so hoping I can deal with that successfully. Keep posting here ... every soldier marches out of step occassionally .... but get right back there in line. You've got a whole army here to support you.

Comment

Yes but it IS 1 of my triggers, and I can't stay in touch with ya'll. I'll have to change things up a bit. By the way, even though we're on a dead-in lane named Jones' Hollow (no one else lives there!) on the side of a mountain, I'm only 10 minutes away from a tourist town modeled after a Bavarian Village, and Oktoberfest starts this week! There are a lot of other things to do, and I think I'll probably just stay home most of the time with my dogs, fishing, walking, and start my artwork again. I haven't painted but one picture in 4 yrs., and it was a gift for an old friend of mine, country singer Alan Jackson's mother. I'll stay busy - pinkie promise.
                                sigpic
                                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                                X