My First AF Holiday....a bit scared.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relax and enjoy your holiday. Print some things out from here that have helped you while at home.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Thanks Brit, that is a great idea. Its amazing the things you DONT think of doing when having a bit of a panic isn't it?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I have read the Caroline Knapp book- it made me very sad as a few years after she wrote the book she died.
        WW, I just finished reading that book. How did she die, do you know? I thought the book was pretty good but it got a little too heavy on the AA dogma, toward the end (naturally, of course, since she did her recovery according to the 12-step model).

wip

Comment

I think it may have been cancer. Not finished it yet though.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Just looked it up. Lung cancer, I think. I was just hoping she didn't start drinking again...

wip

Comment

She died of lung cancer- I won't say much more because I don't want to spoil the book for StartingOut. It doesnt tell you this in the book as when she finished writing it I believe she was not aware she had it.

But her mother on her own death bed, was to say something quite prophetic to Caroline.

Yesterday, I ordered 'Mindful Recovery' on your recommendation WIP.

Am looking forward to it arriving.

Comment

Working...
              X