Lily Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lily Allen

Most of you have probably seen this- as I dont watch TV much I caught it yesterday on a celebrity blog I visit.

Lily Allan is a 23 yr old singer/TV presenter from the UK for thiose who don't know. Much of her fame I think has been help by her large MySpace following and more recently she has been photographed being carried out drunk from award ceremonies and the like and often photographed in various stages of inebriation.

Now this really sounds like the pot calling the kettle black, I am certainly not slagging her off- in fact my heart goes out to her, but I don't know any other way to say it-

When I saw this video yesterday I cringed- cringed with embarrasement for her- but also for me as I thought of the hundreds of times I have shown myself up in a similar way- though very fortunately I was not on TV.

[ame= ]YouTube - Lily Allen vs Elton John # Lily absolutely drunk presenting GQ men of awards london[/ame]

A few days later Lily took to her Myspace and said that was a perfectly normal thing for a 23 year old to do, and a joke between her and Elton- and journalists were just bitter bullies trying to invent a story.

I think any of us can see where she is heading. I sincerely hope she stops this before it gets worse. By her age my own problem was, looking back, fairly well established. Like her I thought 'Well, I am young and healthy, it is normal to party'.

I hope she doesn't carry on for another 20 years before taking action. What a waste :upset:.

Lily Allen

Oh God! I am cringing too. Have been such an idiot myself on many occasions. I hope for her sake that she wakes up soon. Thanks for posting Marbella
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Lily Allen

I was cringing too, because nowadays when you make an ass of yourself it will come back to haunt you forever, she probably shot her career in the foot, her new SIL won't ever forget, and Sir Elton will not be recommending her for anything, prob the opposite! Hope she has somebody that can talk some sense into her instead of enablers all around.
      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Lily Allen

There but for the GRACE of GOD,go I.....
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Lily Allen

Poor girl....hopefully she will realize she needs help before it is to late.
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Lily Allen

The worst I've ever done was show up at a family reunion drunk and try to do chiropactic moves on all my elderly relatives. Thank God no one filmed it! I was watching an entertainment show last night, TMZ or something, and they kept showing wasted, drunken entertainers. We're becoming hardened to it, I'm afraid, and our young people think it's normal.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Lily Allen

Not judging, but im not so sure her father is the perfect role model!!
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Lily Allen

Gia;402298 wrote: Ouch! She shut Sir Elton up, hard thing to do. I do however like her music.
                Me too. I think she has talent- unlike some kids of famous people who are famous for being their parent's offspring.

I think Elton may have just shut up because he knew where it would have headed- a drunken argument with her showing herself up even more.
                That's what I tend to do when I am in that state. :upset:

Comment

Lily Allen

Wow. I was wondering if somebody would post this. I put the TV on in the morning for work to get some noise to help me wake up. I was online, and heard this in the background, I popped up and changed the channel. I totally feel that embarrassment, because I've been there too many times. I won't even click the uTube link above. It's too much for me. Thanks for the post though. Good to know we aren't alone in our feelings.
                  where does this go?

Comment

Working...
                  X