VENTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VENTS

I love the fact that Mr. Mags does the dishes at night. He is so sweet. But I could kill him every morning. He always leaves the dish towel wadded up in a ball on the kitchen counter so it never dries and gets all stinky. I have to use a new towel every day. I have been trying to train him for at least a year, but the man is untrainable. It drives me out of my mind.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

VENTS

Now I feel so much better. Thank you rubywillow.

Comment

VENTS

I hate it when I'm in line at a store and the person in front of me waits till everything's rung up and THEN starts looking for their wallet/checkbook. If they pay cash it's always, "Wait, wait, I think I have the correct change in the bottom of my SUITCASE! Or if it's a check, it always starts out, "What's today's date? How do you want me to make this out?" Ten minutes later, their searching through their check register, doing the same thing, to write it in!!! NOTHING you do seems to tip them off to the fact that you have steam coming out of your ears, you've tapped your toes off, and the ice cream you bought is now running down the check-out belt! Oooooo, I'm making myself mad!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

VENTS

I hate it when somebody pulls out in front of you and then proceeds to go slow, and it's usually an old man wearing a hat and he can hardly see over the dashboard. Then I gotta chill out and tell myself one day I'll be old too, but it's HARD!
          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

VENTS

I hate loud talkers. People who have no concept of what voice is too loud for their surrounds.. (ie library or baseball game- doesn't matter) There are some people who just speak loudly everywhere they go- with no regard for anyone or anything. The added bonus is that these people also seem to be afflicted with the 'never stops talking' problem....... I HATE LOUD TALKERS.

Thank you Ruby.

And luCKy- stickers on fruit- you kill me.

Comment

VENTS

I hate when people try to talk to me when I'm reading or in the middle of a project.

Comment

VENTS

Right, sheepish. What about closetalkers, you know, the ones who want to look into your eyes from 10" and touch you at the same time! I HATE when someone I don't know or like invades my space!
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

VENTS

Lucky - good one about the food stickers ... so unnecessary!

I hate things (like scissors, utensils, gadgets) that come packaged in plastic thats so tightly sealed you need a chainsaw to open it.

I REALLY hate it when people don't clean up after their dogs (and why is it always the people with really big dogs?). I feel that yes, its gross to pick it up, but its much grosser to leave it there to fester, stink, run into the watershed and annoy people who don't like dogs. I live in California where dogs are banned from many parks ... guess why? I hate it that lazy people ruin it for the rest of us.

I also hate it when people see a merge sign on the road and speed up to pass you ... like being one car forward gets you there faster. When I lived in Canada I noticed people were a lot more orderly about merges ... I actually got yelled at once by some guy for not "doing the zipper" (I was talking to my dog). I think here in the states people are much more competitive and tend to think more about themselves ... just a theory.

I could go on and on ... I want Andy Rooney's job. I think he's getting too old and he doesn't complain about important things and I could complain oh so much more eloquently!!!

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm a curmudgeon at heart.
                  Cheers.

Comment

VENTS

This may only happen in the South, but I get sooo mad when the people in the car in front of me are driving 30mph BELOW the speed limit, talking and gesturing at everything around them to their passenger. And please, readers, tell me what you think of cell phone use on the highway. I sometimes become homicidal!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

VENTS

Ruby - this is the best thread ever. I could live here.

I hate people who have loud personal conversations on their cell phones on the bus or train. OMG I learned about a woman's whole sex life one day and I didn't want to know ANY OF IT!!!!

Comment

VENTS

I am so with you on the gadgets being so tightly wrapped!! I swear it took me, a pair of kitchen scissors, AND a huge knife to get my new blender out of the freakin' box yesterday!!!! I actually had to stand on part of the box to get the top out! Man!!!!

And OMG.....the loud cell phone conversations??? Don't even go there! That is ridiculous!!!!

Comment

VENTS

Have you ever been behind someone on a 2,4 or 6 lane Hwy who gets in the 'fast' lane and dawdles along! Traffic in Atlanta is notorious, so this one is not just annoying but danerous! Nine times out of ten, when you finally get by, they're on THE PHONE!!! I've seen bumper stickers that say "Shut Up, Get Off the Phone, and DRIVE" They slow down, which is good, but traffic is trying to speed by at 90 mph, and they are yapping away!
                          sigpic

Comment

VENTS

I hate cellophane. Packages are wrapped so tight in it, that it is difficult to wedge it off with a sharp pair of scissors.

I ride bicycles. I hate people who talk on their phone and drive. I don't mean the quick conversations that we all have, telling people we'll call them back when we get home. I mean the people who have the phone balance on their shoulder, leaning in, and talking in such a manner that you know they are engrossed in the conversation.

I hate paperjams on the copy machine, and the machine at work hates me. I am so tempted to walk away and leave it for someone else but I don't.

I hate having to kiss my boss's you know what. Did I mention I work for the Queen Bee? I am her lady in waiting and after five years, it is really #!#!#! me off.

Comment

VENTS

garbage piled in front of my seat at the table...i'm no maid and not a trash can

Comment

VENTS

Another one.....people who leave their garbage cans on the street ALL week until it's time for the trucks to run again. They are usually laying half way out in the street with the lids strewn everywhere!
                                Take your cans in, people!

Comment

Working...
                                X