VENTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VENTS

Ruby, I hope I am never in front of you in the grocery line. I try to be prompt, but I am slowing down. I remember being impatient myself, but it is harder now. I will make a joke with the person behind me if I am fumbling with my change, and they smile through gritted teeth.
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

VENTS

River - the only way to get rid of a person like you are describing is to flat out tell them that you don't wnat to be their friend any longer. Not to worry, what they really are interested in is not friendship, but is having someone to squid onto, to squeeze the very life out of, and you will have given them fuel to do the thing they love more than life itself. They will simply move on to their next victim and start squeezing.

Regarding things hated and using the last bit of toilet paper, well, as a practical joke I used all but the very last square off a roll for several days in a row and left it for my husband. On the third day when I got up, went to the toilet, and sat down on a seat covered in urine. Yuck!

Comment

VENTS

does anyone remember the episode of Seinfeld where the woman in the next booth couldn't "spare a square"?

Not even a ply? I'll take one ply ....

Sorry I need a laugh right now.

I hate doctors and vets that charge you up the ying yang and make you feel like a bad parent, especially when you know you're a GREAT parent.

My insecurities are showing.

And I am only a parent to animals ... probably for good reason.

Comment

VENTS

Oh, it's so good to hear that I'm not the only person who goes nuts over little things! I don't know if this is a Southern thing, but I HATE to be in the grocery store (again) and (1) there's a grossly overweight woman behind me with bedroom slippers on and she never lifts her feet when she walks. Just slish, slish, slish. Or (2)the momma who insists on going through the entire store with a SCREAMING child. I know it's hard to shop with young children - been there. But to make everyone around you endure it for 30 minutes while you don't even seem to notice and kid is gasping for air, well, I sort of lose the tentative balance I have on sanity.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

VENTS

I HATE WHEN SOEONE SAYS I DO SOMTHING WRONG AND RUBS IT IN,AND YET THEY DONT SEE THEY DO THE SAME THING DANG THAT BUGS ME HAHAHA GYCO

Comment

VENTS

Oh, yeh Gy. Hubs does that! He's mister perfect, but GAWD he drives me crazy somtimes! Can't pick it up if he drops it, can't close it if he opens it, can't clean it if he uses it...... I know you younguns can't figure out why I put with it, especially when he gripes when I make a mess, but, I love the guy. It's easier to change this type behavior than drinking, not working, abusiveness, etc. As Tammy says,"Cause, after all, he's just a man". Also, his parents live in our backyard, in a house we built for them. Complain about everything. I told Hubs I was going crazy because they walk in whenever, but especially when they know I'm not home. When I was at our cabin once, he called me, said he really understood my complaint because his Momma walked in while he was in the ds 1/2 bath. He hadn't closed the door, and she was about 5' away when she said (shouted) his name. I asked him what he did, and he said he talked to her, AFTER he cleaned the walls in the bath. I NEVER know when they will turn up!
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

VENTS

Casey, how important is that position? I'm disabled, can't work anymore, and have Hubs and a very great fincial life, but what would happen if you tweaked that old titty baby. Would you lose your job, or move up? I have nightmares about my previouis jobs, mostly because I got chased by the men in charge. If I knew then what I know now, I'd own those companies! Don't lose your cool, babes. Be the better woman.
                sigpic

Comment

VENTS

Ruby I also live on the same piece of property as my MIL but we have a strict rule that if we want to go to each others house we must call first. Can you ask your in-laws to start doing that? I would be insane if mine just showed up whenever.
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

VENTS

Rubywillow-

I am currently applying for another job. It is time. She and I talked about it and thankfully she understands. There are a lot of perks to my current position, but after five years the negative aspects of it are starting to get under my skin and it is time to move on.

Whew! She has a lot of power where I work and could make my life, oh, interesting, to say the least, so I am really happy that she is happy for me.

The timing is really good on this. It gives me extra incentive to stay off the bottle because the new position would be very difficult to handle with a hangover two or three times a week. Perhaps boredom and complacency was an aspect that added to my drinking. I had never thought of that before.

Things I hate: I hate it when parents continually yell at their child in the grocery store to mind, making hollow threat after hollow threat, but never follow through. I would rather just hear the kid scream. Kids throw fits; I understand that. But, a threat without follow-through is a joke and kids know that. It seems to escalate the behavior.

Comment

VENTS

My hubby gets hugely annoyed because I leave the dishwater in the sink after I am done. As long as he wears his lilywhite socks in the garden, I will leave the dishwater in the sink, fair, eh?
                      *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

VENTS

LMAO Lori.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

VENTS

Ya'll are right. Everyone has things that p..s them off but we can't usually do anything about them. They just fester in our brains, and when they add up, we go a little nuts!
                          sigpic

Comment

VENTS

People that don't use their friggin turn signal! When your obviously waiting to pull onto the highway...and they turn off right next to you!

ASSHOLES! ( I usually give them a "hand signal" of my own... except a lot of times around here it's someone I know! gotta be careful about that...I might have to serve em dinner later)

Bible thumpers that come preaching their beliefs on MY doorstep! I don't go cussing on theirs...(YET)
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

VENTS

Saint Jude, how about the ones who ride MILES with their blinker on! You don't know WHERE they're going!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X