Sleep Learning?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep Learning?????

Well, tried the sleep learning CD for the first time last night. Don't know if I learned anything or not. Anyone know if it only works when you are asleep? I rarely sleep more than a few hours a night. Today was day 3 AF for me. Yesterday, I was pissed at my hubby all day, really irritable. This morning sad and weepy. I had a beer with dinner--didn't really even enjoy it. The diet green tea I'm drinking now is much better. Kay

Sleep Learning?????

emotions are on overload the first few months going AF. At least for me they are. It will pass with time. I keep having to remind myself. I love the diet green tea as well. YUMMY! I dont know about the CD's. Cant hurt...
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Sleep Learning?????

I am having terrible trouble sleeping. Went to bed at about 1.30a.m last night after a really busy day, and 6 this morning i was up, wide awake. Even got to my local shop before the papers on a sunday!
      I feel tired, but when it comes to putting my head on the pillow, i just cant sleep, my brain working overtime with thoughts about this and that, good and bad.
      Was going to get some sleeping aids(nytol) but my doc said that i shouldnt and try to learn to sleep naturaly.
      To be honest its not the end of the world, and quite a novelty at the moment, but i would like a lie in on a sunday!
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Sleep Learning?????

I listen to CDs while asleep- but I don't know if it helps or not.

I can't say it noticeably helps. WIP seems to know alot about these things- and I hope will give you a reply- I am also interested to know.

Comment

Sleep Learning?????

I use the "Clearing" cd no 2 when I first lay down.
          It helps me relax.
          The sleep learning also helps if you use it long enough to get in a habit of relaxing with it.
          Keep using them for several weeks and see if you can develop a habit with them.
          Nancy
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Sleep Learning?????

Congratulations on your AF days! It will get better. I don't know why some people notice improvement immediately (3-5 days) when others, like me, take literally months. I would say it took 3-4 months before I slept well. And I was on an emotional roller coaster for a good long while. All worth it, though. I remember early on, my son saying to me, "Don't bite my head off just because you haven't had anything to drink!" OUCH!
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Sleep Learning?????

Before I started the MWO program, I was used to drinking until I passed out every night, then waking up at 2-4 a.m. for round two. I had a terrible time falling asleep without the alcohol at first. I used Benadryl to knock myself out for about the first three weeks, then switched to Calms Forte, and now only use the CF as needed (a little over 90 days AF). I've used the sleep c.d. regularly since starting the program. Don't know if it's hypnotism or habit or what, but when I turn it on, I'm instantly out like a light! I don't have a "loop" c.d. player, but if I wake up during the night for any reason, I turn the c.d. back on, and I fall asleep again immediately. Pretty cool.

Comment

Sleep Learning?????

Thanks for all your replies. I'll keep keeping on. Felt better this morning. Day 5 AF. Guess I'll try the hypnotic CD again tonite. Just can't get my arms around the clearing recordings yet. I get bored easily. I am taking 50mg Topa at night to help me sleep, rather than breaking up the dosage into twice daily (suggested by my doc). Hope it works soon. I'm tired! Kay

Comment

Sleep Learning?????

Hi KTB,

I used the set of cd's regularly for the 30 days as suggested, and now just use them as needed. From what I understand, the sleep cd works to reinforce the hypnotic cd while you're asleep. I don't think you need to be asleep for a prescribed time for it to be effective. In fact, all the cd's support the hypnotic one. The clearing cd prepares your head for new info. The hypnotic one is the workhorse. That's the one where actual new messages are introduced to the subconcious. The sleep cd helps plant the hypnotic suggestions in the subconcious during the various sleep cycles, and the subliminal one just encourages you to enjoy the cd's (it makes them less a chore if you're constantly told how much you like them!). I listened to the hypnotic cd this afternoon because I felt I needed my periodic brain "wash and wax." I'll probably listen to the sleep one as well, as it just makes it all stick better. Good luck to you - since the drinking brain is the hardest part for many of us, the cd's are a good resource.

Vera-b

Comment

Sleep Learning?????

Hi KTB, I too used the cds for the first 30 days as per the book.. I like them! Now I "wash and wax" with them too, lol Vera..
                    I do "listen" to the subliminal every night, seems to put me into lala land. I take melatonin for help with sleep. I have found the clearing cd to help me wash away my stress, even the Non AL stuff and have put it on just to chill....

Can't hurt to keep pluggin them in...

Good Luck
                    workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Sleep Learning?????

You know valerian, melatonin and lithium orotate (as well as L-tryptophan) are all natural sleep aids. They won't give you a hangover, they are non-addictive, and fairly inexpensive.

I take lith orotate and melatonin before bed, then I keep valerian handy if that is not enough. The valerian tincture works really fast.

Mag Phos 8 (a homeopathic muscle relaxer) is also great if you are experiencing uptight muscles or twitches. Very relaxing, though not a sleep aid in itself.

Check out the holistic healing forum for more detailed information...
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                      X