Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army 7th September 2008

Stace, YOU'RE DOING GREAT!

vlad, good morning, how are you?? what are you up to today? how are the stairs looking?

StartingO, if you really enjoy the psych stuff, I have NO doubts that you will be just great at finishing a degree.

wip

Comment

Thanks! I was CLOSE to stopping at the store, but thought, "Come on, you've gone this far, why go there now? What for?" Besides, I'm tracking how much money I'm NOT spending on booze, so I can buy myself a new Coach purse. lol.

A Work in Progress;403206 wrote: Stace, YOU'RE DOING GREAT!

vlad, good morning, how are you?? what are you up to today? how are the stairs looking?

StartingO, if you really enjoy the psych stuff, I have NO doubts that you will be just great at finishing a degree.

wip

Comment

I'm tracking how much money I'm NOT spending on booze, so I can buy myself a new Coach purse.
        ahh, Coach, VERY nice stuff. I got a Coach notebook/portfolio thing at an outlet mall not long ago, vastly reduced in price, the feel and smell of the leather are just fabulous.

That's a wonderful thing to use as a reward!

wip

Comment

GREAT GOING Stace :goodjob:

Thanks wipster :h
          My self confidence has been pretty low, something like this I hope will help.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Startingover - very impressed about the psychcology course.

Marbella - too right about finding something to replace AL, what helped me when I was trying to moderate was joining a church worship group. I began to focus more on practising my instrument and my alto - to be honest singing and making music to God gives a much better buzz anyway! Why sometimes I can't remember this I don't know. Funnily enough I'm playing and singing this evening at church, been practising this afternoon like a mad thing.

Cymru - my finger is no longer red. Hubby is now varnishing the staircase today - it needs 3 coats.

Chelle - I have a mountain of ironing as well, will be leaving it till I come back from church this evening.

O2M - Well now, that's just lazy, only getting up at lunchtime, I don't know. Oh yeah, was looking for a film to watch last night at Blockbuster and saw the film title 'Gobshite' - made me think of you!!!

Wally - Well done losing the 17 pounds, I'm still struggling to lose 1lb!

Vinophile - Can relate to the 'feeling you deserve a drink after doing hard work' I use that as an excuse a lot. Hmmmm, how about, 'I deserve a long hot bath.'

...whoooo! feeling a bit perculiar... must be the varnish hubby's using...

Marbella - do you do any voluntary work at the animal refuge at all?

WIP - You reminded me, one of the other things I've done to try and get off the drink is learn Russian - actually I could really do to brush up on that... MWO seems to have replaced that!

New Day - Good on you signing up for a yoga class, I need to motivate myself in the exercise area... oh that's why the weight's not coming off! Duh!

Stace - Nice one resisting those 'happy beers' - I was craving bad Friday and Sat morning, just had this annoying excessive thirst, it was insane!!! It didn't matter what I drank (non-AL stuff of course), there it remained. Today's been OK thankfully.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

O2M's favourite film

Black comedy. An irish family moves from Dublin to a small town, Skerries, outside Dublin to open a pub. They are forced to defend themselves when an English gangster tries to take over the pub. Attached files [img]/converted_files/612143=3877-attachment.jpg[/img]
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

....oh that blooming varnish, gonna have to go outside for a bit...

Comment

Just checked it out online: Gobshite:

"Gobshite=Shite" by PJC

Words almost fail me to describe how terrible this Irish vanity project (paid for by Canadian taxpayers - both federal and Albertan) really is. There's a sudden appearance by a nice looking Canadian woman (Kathy Ranheim) who in real life was a star athlete in Alberta, for no other reason to ensure Canadian content. Credits also indicate that certain Calgary pubs were of assistance. Everything here is poorly filmed and at least third-hand (chunks of poorly digested Trainspotting, Lock Stock, Snatch and Reservoir Dogs are the most obvious steals). Avoid like the plague unless you fancy one of those campy "so bad it's almost funny" nights in front of your telly.

Comment

WIP - Don't worry I didn't hire 'Gobshite', I got 'The Eye' instead (that wasn't that amazing really either).

Right, gotta go before I pass out on fumes.

Comment

Oh yeah - I bought myself a brand new winter coat. Gonna call it my AF Army coat cos it's got a military look!

Yeah, I've not gone out yet cos hubby wants to finish varnishing and come a walk with me!

Comment

vlad how come you are doing the first part of your posts in regular type and then finishing in bold? Is it an effect of the varnish?

Comment

Just felt like it.

Comment

I feel sick.

Comment

Oh aha, OK.

I see!

wip

Comment

How about going on outside outa those fumes??? Don't get sick on us, girl.

wip

Comment

Working...
                                X