AF Army 7th September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Work in Progress;403171 wrote: Marbella, what kind of business? I have been self-employed, mostly, for years. It sure does have its good points... as well as challenges...

wip
    vlad;403216 wrote:

Marbella - do you do any voluntary work at the animal refuge at all?
    The business will just be a small grocery store selling basics, plus some british and German products- there are lots of expats round here that are not catered for. It is on the 'urbanisation' where I live, so only 10 mins to commute on the moped!

I also plan on integrating a home delivery service.

I have had small businesses in the past- 3 bars over the last 20 years and 2 hostals. However bars is no longer a good idea for me- if indeed it ever was.

Vlad, I don't do voluntary work at the refuge because I have 5 rescued dogs and 2 cats (2 of them came from there) at my place, and another 4 dogs and 4 cats that still live with my ex. He works long hours, so I go there everyday to walk his too.

My mum and I started a fund up (my mum did apply for charity status- she lives in the UK- not sure how far along she is with that) where we take dogs out of the refuge and re-home them in the UK. It is a costly process, at the moment we manage around 20 animals a year.

There is a German refuge that also comes over and takes them to re-home in Germany. They do not have a hope in hell of being homed here- the few refuges there are are packed to bursting point. The Spanish don't care- they don't neuter or spay, and just dump or drown the unwanted pups.

Here is a link to the refuge website- unfortunately it is only in German as it is done by a German lady hoping to attract potential new owners there. The Germans in general are big animal lovers.

If you click on where it says 'Peros' at the top you can see the dogs available for adoption.

Comment

My goodness! Everyone sounds so good this morning!!! Pounds lost, yummy dinners, and COACH purses!!! WHOA! I LOVE COACH! I try not and drink ALL my hubby's bath water when he buys me one! HA!!!! It's usually a very big occasion!!!! He has good taste!

ANYWAY! Hope everyone has a sober Sunday! We are now watching the Hurricane news as closely as we were last week! UGH!!!! Ike is causing some concern!!! But I plan on walking in our neighborhood park today and enjoying the dry weather that we are having today!

About "non-drinking" activities......the biggest thing that I do when not drinking, is just doing good things for myself. Like giving myself a pedicure, or a facial, or just working out. Also, my planning sessions take up some of that time. I actually plan my week for activities, meals, and work-outs. That's usually Sunday afternoon when I would otherwise be getting ready for friends to come over and start the Sunday afternoon party....that meant probably drinking by noon and not stopping until late. UGH....Monday morinings are sure better when I spend Sunday's doing those "non-drinking" activities!!!

Yall have a great day!!!!!

Comment

Monday morinings are sure better when I spend Sunday's doing those "non-drinking" activities!!!
        How true USM!!! You have a great day too!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning!
          I plan on having a lazy day today. We spent all day cleaning yesterday so I am exausted. I'm meeting some other moms for sushi tonight. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house without the kids.
          Have a good day!

Comment

Whoo! Feel a bit better, been out for a walk and have some windows open in the house.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Good Mid-Morning Troops!!!

Heavens to Betsy, there are so many on this thread now, I feel badly that I don't have time to address all of you personally.

However, it sounds like the platoon is doing well and staying fit. :goodjob: everyone!!

In 4 days, I will hit my 30 days. I am very excited. I have done this before but this time, I don't seem to have the little idea in my head thinking, well after a while, I can drink a bit.

Some days are a bit rough because my head says "aren't you miserable you can't have a drink to relax right now?" Hah. What a liar. Yeah, drinking made me relax alright. I relaxed right into black out. Kind of a hard way to get some relaxation, don't you think?

So, with the help of everyone here and taking the Antabuse, I can just laugh at that little voice and tell it to shut up!!

Hope everyone here has a wonderful Sunday. I am with grandsons right now and it looks like we may all meet up for bowling this afternoon. That means I will have my three grandkids plus the two new additions to the family around me. Then they are all coming over to eat hot dogs.

Life is good. Granny is sober and can enjoy every minute of this!!

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wow, Cinders! I want to be sober granny too someday!!! Your day sounds wonderful!!! Enjoy those grandbabies!!!! :h

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,
                  I am the only one up in this house. We have a "couple" living with us until they can afford to get a place of their own. Well, they had a bottle of Malibu Rum, Crown Royal, Wine and Beer; it was a small number of people but lots of alcohol-my husband was drawn into their festivities but he kept to his beer. I went to bed early as I saw how things were developing, but by midnight we had some pretty drunk ones here (hubby stayed pretty sane as he has the tolerance). One had to literally be carried down to his bed. I won't see them til this afternoon I'm sure. I woke up and came downstairs when everyone was at their "high point" so I just sat and thanked God that I had not one drop in my system! Anyway, I just feel very thankful this morning and I peacefully sit here with all of you, my friends.
                  SO- Have fun with your Psych course; I was thinking that I need to take a course myself. I have always loved being a student and that is a perfect way to spend some time and improve yourself at the same time.
                  Marbella- I admire your work with stray animals; it sounds like a real problem in Spain. It is SO wonderful of you to be making a difference. Do you know the city Nerja? Our family has a condo on the Mediterranean in Nerja. We visited there about ten years ago and just fell in love with the southern part of Spain (didn't have time to explore the north part). I would love to go back...it was a very special time for my husb and I.
                  Cymru- I hope you enjoy your walk in the forest; that sounds like the perfect way to spend an afternoon. Will you be cooking a fantastic dinner afterwards ?(I have noticed you love to cook, also.)
                  Chelle- Sorry you have Mt Ironing in front of you. When I married my husb I put my foot down to ironing. He does his and I do mine. I also taught my sons at an early age to do their own. That goes for laundry too- each does their own. I started out doing everyones laundry but a couple of times have ruined hubby's things. He has banned me from touching his laundry (I'm real upset about that-can you tell?)
                  O2M- Good for you having a lie in today; any plans for this afternoon?
                  Wally, Great Job on 17lbs!!!! I am going to stop taking hormones so I hope to start dropping.
                  Janet- I feel somewhat like you that I will have to do some soul searching to figure out what I would LIKE to fill my time with; drinking took most of my time and I have no real hobbies- classes might be a start for me.
                  WIP- How was your visit with Mom yesterday? I hope you can get out with your bike today.
                  New Day, Have a great golf game. I would also like to learn golf (I guess I do have some ideas mounting up, don't I?)
                  Stace, I'm glad you made it through your "happy" beer craving. Keep up the good work
                  Vlad- I hope you haven't passed out on us? I can tell your Church activities are very important to you and you are really enjoying the music part. I don't have any musical talent but I enjoy listening to people who do- my hat off to you!
                  USM- You sound SO organized. I am in awe of people who actually PLAN their week!
                  Shelby- You deserve a Lazy day; enjoy it to the fullest!
                  Have a great AF Sunday everyone!
                  Kriger
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Cinder,
                    I crossed with you. You sound great, as usual. Enjoy your grandchildren; I am jealous-mine is 2000 miles away!! Your mindset has changed, hasn't it? You can truly recognize that "little voice" as a liar. What a freedom you must feel and 30 day AF very soon- that is wonderful! A party is in our future next week! Enjoy your day, Cinders. Kriger
                    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Got rained out on the golf course ---- only got 4 holes in when we decided we'd better come in out of the rain .... didn't look like it was going to let up. So here I am back early. I think I will get my gym gear and head out to do a workout since I sat around just watching the U.S. Open tennis on T.V. all day yesterday (until they got rained out too!).

Cindi --- enjoy those grandkids ... I'm hoping one day I'll have some too. I have 2 lovely daughters (26 and 28 yrs. old), but only the 26 year old has a serious boyfriend (he'll probably be her husband in the near future -- I hope).

So, with that in mind ... I'd best start to lose some weight now ... I don't want to look like this should there be a wedding in the next couple of years.

Enjoy your day everyone --- and do something good for your body and/or your mind. Keeps us on the healthy side.

Comment

Just come back from my walk. Was more like a rock climb, but we both had great fun and it was a good way of getting rid of that pent up energy. My partner made a picnic tdy, so def wont be cooking much tnt. Pizza and garlic bread me thinks!. Hope everyones having a great day. Going to catch up on some posts.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Krieger --- cross posted with you too ...... how wonderful that you're up and clear-headed. I'm sure you have a warm-glow happening on the inside that you were able to restrain yourself from joining the "party". Scary to see what drunk fun is like when you're sober.
                          Enjoy your day ... your "guests" are sure to be wishing it was over!

Comment

New Day,
                            They are still in bed! I think I will plan my own jaunt outside-maybe a hike. I feel fantastic and they are truly going to feel like s**t most of the day. I remember that feeling all too well and I am SO grateful that is not me today. I am going to make the most of my Sunday, for sure! I hope you enjoy yours, as well! K

Comment

7 days behind but on board

Hi guys, just started today but very motivated. it's been great reading your threads all week, made the first few days seem not so intimidating. look forward to following along!

Comment

New Day,
                                I was sure the US Open was going to get rained out with Hanna coming their way. Is it on today as well? How long have you been golfing? That has always been a sport I have wanted to learn- I took a couple of lessons several years ago but did not follow up. Now we're coming into fall and winter and I may need to put off learning til next Spring? Golf courses are such beautiful, peaceful places, specially in the early morning. I will have to make a point of getting "into" this sport! K

Comment

Working...
                                X