AF Army 7th September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Kriger, that was good going wasn't it?? Must have been tough for you. But like you say the morning comes and we just feel so damn grateful it wasnt us.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Babbert;403342 wrote: Hi guys, just started today but very motivated. it's been great reading your threads all week, made the first few days seem not so intimidating. look forward to following along!
      :welcome: Babbert!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Welcome Babbert,
        Do you have something fun planned for your Sunday?
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Vladders,
          Are the fumes subsiding? We don't want our Vladder sprawled out on the floor in front of her computer! We need you!! K
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

I'm OK-ish. I can blooming taste it in the back of my throat like I've been drinking the stuff or something - it's HORRIBLE! Off out to play my balalaika in a few mins anyhow.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

A quick hello to my AF Army friends!

I went out on a blind date last night! It was soooooooooo fantastic. I haven't been treated that well in like a decade at least. What a gentleman; and he paid for everthing - which is rare around here. Most men think they deserve the woman to pay for some reason. I think dutch would of been better; but he insisted!!

I did not drink anything with al. We we even ended up at another pub that was packed full of people drinking and watching the UFC. It didn't bother me one bit!

I think I will see him again. He is so cute, funny as Hell, and a rare male. Old fashioned really and very respectful. Well at least he was last night! hahaha

Later friends. Miss you guys lots; but got stuff to do. I will check in soon.

Also for any of my subs buddies - I miss you guys tons, and I will be back in the subs land when I am not so busy. XOXOXO

Comment

Starting,
                It really wasn't hard at all...staying AF seems to be a piece of cake for me right now, but yes I do feel gratitude in a big way. My mindset has been a feeling a freedom rather than dwelling on deprivation or feeling like I am missing something. I only feel happiness at being free from the grip alcohol had on my life. I never want to feel that bondage again...that is what is keeping me free of "the beast". Right now it has no power to talk me into anything. I hope this feeling I have never goes away. Kriger

Comment

Vladders, Go get some lemon fanta or that Shoeber (sp) stuff. You need to flush those toxins out of you.

Comment

Just home from a VERY nice bike ride! Way to go, cym, Kriger, everyone! Welcome babbert!

Someone asked: visit with Mother yesterday... not good, she was in one of her typical very angry, critical, blaming moods. I didn't stay long. It doesn't help her any and it sure doesn't help me any, for me to sit and absorb all that stuff. I think I will skip the "visit" today. She has plenty of people there, taking care of her.

wip

Comment

WOW, AFM,
                      That is SO cool about your date!!! You deserve to be treated like a lady and that is what he did. I hope this guy turns into something special for you! It is so nice when a blind date goes well and I am very happy for you; I know you have been wanting to stir up your love life. Enjoy your day! Kriger

Comment

WIP

Comment

FHi Babbert, sorry I missed you there. Welcome. Glad you have joined the army and are so motivated!

Wip sorry to hear about your visit. My counsellor once said to me that I had to concentrate on myself first. i.e. not visiting my mum when it was getting too much. I think that was wise advice. Difficult to do but wise. And also its that control thing again. Letting go of the things that we can't control. Hard though isnt it?
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks Kriger, StartingO. Yeah, it is always a judgment call, as to when I give myself permission to NOT do something that is painful, but that seems very much like an obligation. I think part of the key is to realize that these are "gray areas," within which decisions in either direction will not feel "right." So I just try to keep it balanced, and refuse to second-guess myself.

Rest of the day: I'll just hang out, do some reading, maybe some yard work, probably a walk. This evening I'm going to try a new recipe with fresh corn (before it's too late! getting cool out there!), and probably will watch an episode of The Wire

wip

Comment

O2M,
                              I see an excellent pattern emerging! You enjoyed your food and "stuffed your face". That is a great start!

Comment

Hello Babbert. Welcome to the gang. Keep posting and let us know how your doing, good or bad. Were here to help eachother.
                                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Working...
                                X