My dog is at the emergency hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give George some extra attention from Skittles and me! Glad he is home and went pee pee outside today. I know how that is a big deal! My vet even suggested a raw diet for my puppy. She also gave me a powder which is the canine equivalent to the All One RJ suggests in her MWO book. It is called Transfer Factor by 4Life. Must be refridgerated. Doggy likes it. I mix it in with her dry food and add some water. Vet also suggested Vitamin E and Apple Cider Vinegar. Man, I digress.

GLAD GEORGE IS HOME and hope he is resting peacefully. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Lucky, I give my doggy Salmon Oil (from the health food store, wild caught) or Omega 3 (human grade), as it is good for their coats and skin and their hearts as well. I will ck out the transfer Factor, I heard about that with my cancer doggie.
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
      :h

Comment

thanks so much for the good news !!! Give George a big old wet one from me and my lil' special agent spy goat !!! xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

thanks again guys.

Ready, I give G oil supps also, have done Salmon, Cod & mixes -- all human grade. The couple who initiated me to the raw diet (they owned a store dedicated to raw diet for both cats & dogs and sold all natural items) said every time you buy a new bottle of oil you should get a different kind, as they believed the dog could develop an allergy to one oil over time, plus the idea that all animals have evolved to eat a variety of foods.

Also multi-vits, but I get ones made for dogs that are all natural. I was told to be careful with the vitamins and definitely don't give a dog human ones, as they have very different requirements. I'll check out the powder, though. Sounds easier for him to avoid than the 2 big horse pills that sit at the bottom of the bowl for a few hours!

Comment

Spotty
            So glad George is on the mend. What a cute picture
            take care
            -Sheep

Comment

Spotty

I am so glad George is back home and with you again. You might ask the vet about physical therapy. Vet PT's often do wonders for dogs with spinal problems. Ask your vet.

But I'm so glad he's home with his mom.
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

HI, tough I'm going to the hospital for stomach pains this a.m. I was reading some postings for some inspiration and saw your posting about your baby. I have 5. guilt all the time. My yorkie ripped his knee apart last year and needing surgery. so sad to see my baby at the vets! he is now doing well ( he is almost 9) He is a little slow, but will play chase anychance he gets! Hope you are both doing well. take care of yourself (not drinking) your baby will be home in no time! "see you soon"
                Rainejane

Comment

Spotty, so happy to hear George is on the mend. Now you will be able to get some rest! I have recently lost 2 of my babies, so I feel your pain when they get sick. Scares the crap out of me. One of my babies is on my lap now as I am typing this. My legs are numb, but oh well.

Rainy, good luck at the doctors. Please let us know what happens. Lots of thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Michaela
                  :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                  AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Hey, SD,

For what it's worth, I've been through this with my Greyhound. I took her to a dog park for the first time and was so happy to see her run and look like she was having so much fun beating all the other dogs in races - then that night, she couldn't lie down, just walked around and panted. I took her to the emergency room as well, which turned into $2k for tests, etc. We ended up going the conservative route and just giving her pain meds and confining her to a tiny area. Anyway, all that to say, she completely recovered, and 4 years later, she's 14 years old and is still beating my other dogs in races. I'll say prayers for your baby boy and am sending all my wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                    X