Lets make Green Chile (for lushy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gabby;404610 wrote: next we are going to chop onions with my super onion thing. Gonna try to find it online cuz it is kinda key I believe.
    Oh Gabby! Be specific! I am on the edge of my seat here!

Lusho, I too have every kitchen gadget known to man..... EXCEPT THIS SUPER ONION THING!!!

Comment

Lushy, please spill the chili relleno recipe, I am desperate to try it. As a by the way, I added fresh grated ginger to my cole slaw recipe tonight, zingy!
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

yum i love cole slaw. and ya lushy gotta have that recipe.

the super onion thingie is a slicer dicer thing so bluey and lushy ya probably do have it. Let me find it and show ya. Det probably has it too.

I couldnt live with out it. Altho I have nearly killed myself with it many times. Sharp little blades that can get ya on the wrists if you arent careful....believe me I know about this.
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

a mandolin?
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Gabby is it a mandolin? Is it? Is it? Is it?

Comment

I think it's a V-slicer. But what the heck would I know?

Comment

voila:

http://www.juiceland.co.uk/media/ima...e_mandolin.jpg
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mandolin.

There ya go. Two of them.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/613261=3888-attachment.jpeg[/img]

Comment

This could get political

- mandolin (This is the exact same one I have! Det, yours looks posher)

- V-slicer Attached files [img]/converted_files/613262=3886-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/613262=3887-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Tawny! Kitchen equipment should never be ridiculed.

Comment

I just made that chile relleno casserole for my Uncles BBQ memeorial yesterday.
                        It's always a hit.
                        It's posted in the recipe section.
                        I posted my "hippie version" (with less cheez & tofu) & also my "Mom in Law's version" higher fat..sinful ... (I got the recipe from her & modified it..)
                        They're both yummy!
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wow....I went straight to bed last night and now I see there has been there little game show thing goin on about my super onion thing.

Name the politically correct title of the "super onion thing" on Gabbys Chili thread.

And our contestants are:

1) Determinator - Sounds like a wrestler dude but in real life he is a Professional Chef
                          2) The Frog - Doesnt sound like she should know anything about anything but really knows a lot about everything!
                          3) Bluey - A Famous Worldwide Known Homemaker

And the winner is..........

Da ta ta da da ta dahhhh........

THE FROG! And the "V" slicer

and now for a cemmercial break

Comment

Gabby I have become so entranced with this thread that I cooked a quickie version of chile last night, using ground pork and ground beef, and excellent roasted Hatch chiles, and it was really good. Just a little warm-up for the REAL THING!

How about a food processor for the onions? Would that be OK?

wip

Comment

wip - yum.....personally i like anything with a green chile on it. lol

anything on the onions is good as long as they are diced small. When I have used the food processor that I have I cant get a good "dice" and I go from chopped to puree'ed and no in-between. But I have a very basic one.

there is something about that "v" thing tho. on the blade that is for "dicing small" it does a "perfect" dice for the chili. It you dont rotate the onion in your hand as your slicing it gives you a very thin strand of onion that cooks down in your chili that you dont really know is there. Unless you look close. But of course you have some added like.....texture. And I like to use quite a bit of onion.

I use the same gadget on the tomatoes if I use fresh. Like I say that diceing blade makes more of a thin strand that is perfect for the chili.

Lushy when you use fresh tomatoes and that "v" thing you dont see tomatoes either. But instead some red strands.

Comment

so where is the chile relleno casserole recipe?

Comment

Working...
                                X