Got the MUNCHIES BIG TIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and it's only day 2!!!! how do you guys control it? and why am i only craving toast with butter?

Sounds just like me early on, carbs, carbs, carbs. Soon you will be on to the sugar to replace what you were getting via the AL.

Stay strong..this too will pass.
    Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

is it OK to go ahead and eat toast or am i supposed to fight it?

Comment

No - why fight it!?
        Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

eat baby eat lmao well thats what i do.. love the munchy .. but running low on choloate damn i need to pick some up ..
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I agree, why fight it. I don't think it would be wise to try to fight both urges at the same time. Baby steps....
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Makes sense.

If you are a long time drinker, your body has found a nice way to turn AL into sucrose (blood sugar).

When you stop the AL, you turn basically into a diabetic, in that your blood sugar goes low. (Oddly for some people it goes high... Go figure).

So you SHOULD be craving carbs, particularly those that become glucose quickly.

Try eating fruits, particulary juicy fruits like peaches. Bananas are good because they have other chemicals which help with AL free. Oatmeal, cereal, and morning breads will all help. The butter won't, but it's not really harmful to the AL free process, just to your waistline.

Comment

Yep! Same thing happened to me. AF 5 mos. now. Gained 15-16 lbs. On day four of a diet that has always worked for me. Absolutely went nuts on carbs, after ditching AL, at first then converted to sweets. I needed it. Would actually get shakey, so must have been low blood sugar. Feel fine now. Have already lost a couple of pounds. Your body knows what it needs.
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

When coming off AL,i always go crazy for Carbs.I need sugar and strong flavored food.Strange combinations like pickles and ice cream...cookies,olives with Tacos...Pasta and cake...I just gave in and ate.It had to be better than drinking.Lately i am on a health kick and Vegetables and fruit are all crave.Exercise is feeling good too...Do whatever it takes to get thru this time without AL.Better habits will follow..
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Well I went ahead and had the toast last night but woke up this morning and blood sugar was 334! (type 1 diabetic). body isn't used to carbs late at night so i guess i'll have to fight it. can't go around with super high sugars, it makes me nuts. that's the one REALLY bad think about being on AL, i always had good blood sugars and it was a bad reinforcement. i've had type 1 since i was 10 and have always considered blood sugars as the end-all priority to my health. hopefully i'll adjust over the next two weeks but dang, did i feel like hell this morning......:bang

Comment

Oh, gosh, good luck Babbert. Hope you get your sugar under control.
                      :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                      AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Check out some of the good info on Holist Healing.
                        Grab some of the "good" carbs.
                        Must have been hard to keep sugar under control and drink....
                        Be careful!
                        Nancy
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                        X