AF Army - 9th September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how to get paint off a wardrobe, window, desk, keyboard, mug, plate and calculator....?
    SERIOUSLY.. Im thinking of calling in the SAS to help me tackle this room!
    And now Ive dropped the hoover plug in the soapy water...
    Grrrr.
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

If I dry the hoover plug with a towel and then plug it back in, I wont get an electric shock will I?
      That would just be the icing on the cake after today.
      ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

White spirit. But its strong stuff, so use it wisely! Just dab the marked area.
        You should open the plug, and make sure the inside is dry too.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AFM, I hope you find a car today Sorry to hear about the blind date stalker. Creepy. Stay safe
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

okey dokey cym, thanks

Comment

AFM, great to see you here! I'm so glad you are feeling so good, DESPITE car woes and a blind date that went really sour... he sounded too good to be true, didn't he? You gotta wonder what the hell is wrong if they are single and THAT nice... ! I hope he drops out of sight soon.

wip

Comment

Private DeeBee reporting for duty rather late!

Sunny skies on this side of the world... but a little windy for my liking!

AFM, I was wondering how your date went, what a bugger! If I remember correctly WW also had a planned date lined up - I must ask. Car shopping, that can be great fun if you know what to look for or it can be a pain in the be-hind if you are like me and very indecisive!

WIP, I am trying to hunt down the wee wee post, where is it?????
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

If car shopping were a job, id be in seventh heaven!! Quite often just go into showrooms to look at cars even though i dont want to buy one! I also go to the car auctions just to see how much they go for!!
                  Sad, i know. But it keeps me occupied!
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

LOL! Smelly wee-wee phone!
                    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Good morning all! :new:

I hope you don't mind me joining in. I had a post in 'starting out' and someone mentioned your thread and to join you.

I am on Day 2. I am going for the 30AF plan, with the hopes of continuing AF however, I will just deal with this for now. I have a dr's appt next week hopefully for some Topamax, but sounds like docs here in Canada are apprehensive giving out scripts for it. I will cross my fingies.

Plans for today, well, don't drink....should be ok since it's only 10am here, lol. My witching hour starts about 4pm.....until oh, bedtime. I have major cleaning to do as well as laundry....I lead a very exciting life, don't anyone be jealous of my superstar life, LMAO! :H I'm just kidding......

Anyway...just hoping to get through today, but I think I will be fine. I don't feel any cravings or desire to drink today---thus far.

I hope everyone has a good day today...kind of dreary here, chilly.

Christy
                      AF July 6 2014

Comment

Welcome Christy, good to have you on board!
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Welcome Christy!
                          Why are you trying to copy my superstar lifesytle?...LOL!! Good luck today and stay close by
                          :l
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

The answer is simple....I am an ALCOHOLIC, I am thinking ALCOHOLIC thoughts and I have yet to learn how to begin my life all over again, shed this skin and little by little try to relearn the basic skills in life thru sober eyes.

I know this will take time, and like a baby, I must learn from scratch how to live in a world that is alcohol free.

It scares me, it frightens the bloody living daylights out of me, but yet I know there is no escaping it, I have to go thru it in order to be free.

I have 2 options...learn to live again or go back to existing........and for me, there is only one true answer.....so bear with me while I learn to grow again in this scary world, I am learning something new every day...some things amaze me, some things break my heart, I learn things about myself that I do not like and things that were so deeply hidden by booze that I almost feel like a stranger.
                            That is just so beautiful, and so amazingly spot-on. Thank you, OneTwo. All I can say is: Yes. Me too.

wip

Comment

I agree with wip. Spot on. I too have never really had withdrawl, other than being sick after a binge and not being able to sleep, and like you o2m, after a certain amount of time you start making up little stories in your head to convince your self that you'll be o.k, when you know dam well you wont. Its like hiding the bottles. If you dont see it there you can lie to yourself how bad it really is.
                              You have been an inspiration to me o2m, and i dont mean that lightly. I love reading your posts, and you always seem so upbeat, even when your not sometimes i bet. Day 10 couldnt of been achieved without your help right from the start, so heres one person who needs you to stay sober to help me!
                              Now, on a diff matter, ive just bought tiger woods 09 for the x box, so may be posting a little less tnt!!!!
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

O2M-What a lovely post. Brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for sharing with us.

Busy day here! Taking the kids to Tot Drop while I take a sewing class. I'm going to learn how to quilt even if it kills me. The babysitter will be over this afternoon so I can get some cleaning done. Tonight I'm off the Marie Callenders for my Mom's club steering committe.

My eye is worse today. I had to put on my sexy librarian glasses. I may have to call a Dr.

Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                                X