Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army - 9th September 2008

O2M,
    Hopefully that chipper will give you that pound back!
    Are you planning a encore performance tonight w/ hubby? It's better to wake up to a smile rather than a frown, right?
    K
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

I learned how to sew today. It reqiures a bit of concentration and steady hands. Lovely hobby for a gal getting sober! We sewed on paper and get start on material next week.
      Little boy did good being away from mommy for the 1st time. Of course the little girl acted like I was kidnapping her when I came to pick them up. She always loves going to these places!
      Anyway I'm back to 5 days AF.
      I'll take it.
      Go find that pound o2!
      Welcome to the thread AK! Glad to see you here!

Comment

" Fortunately, I can still think more fondly of the freedom from alcohol than the bondage to alcohol. I don't ever want to feel the way I did 37 days ago, ever again! Have a great evening! "

Kriger, I like that.

Hello folks, I want to be part of this army. I have been at this for over a year. I did AF in May and little by little fell back off the wagon. I am going on 12 days this time and am determined to make it stick this times.

Comment

Thanks, Thats what I need, a good swift kick in the butt. Am off to my first Zomba class tonight. Will be sure to read up on everyone later and especially check in first thing AM.

Comment

kriger;405441 wrote:
            Welcome AK, You may find that this thread gets quieter and quieter when our irish,uk and welsh friends go night night around 4-6pm my time which is 2-4pm your time I believe. Check in early in the day, if possible and you'll be in the thick of things. You, me and all in CA are at the tail end of the time zone. Zeppie is in NZ and she is already starting Wed by now. We are in a crazy communication circle. Have you thought about trying for AF tomorrow? What do you think? We're here to help!
            Kriger
            I am determined to be AF, I turn 43 this Sat...I would like to be sober for a birthday.

As for this thread, I will keep reading and chime in once in awhile. I can't post as much as I would like. But I am learning alot
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Im going to finish my round at St Andrews and head for bed! Gotta take the little one to brek club in the morning, so up early.
              Thanks to everyone for helping me through another day.
              Nos Da
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Private Zeppie reporting for duty (think I got the night watch)

Hello to the whole army and welcome to the newbies. I've been busy enjoying spring which has finally arrived YAHHOOOOOO.
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

morning zeppie....and goodnight. Look after the troops while we sleep. I have a brother who lives in N.Z so im kinda used to texts at weird times! He said the weather has been good. He's living at Shelly Beach.
                  Have a good day all you ppl on diff times!
                  nos da from wales
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Good Morning to you Zeppie- It's Wednesday there, right? Spring is lovely and such a season of RENEWAL- do you feel that way? We are in our fall, but I like that season too. Day 16 for you? Cinders reached 30 days today (yesterday for you)- a great accomplishment, wouldn't you say? How is your day going so far? K
                    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Nighty nite Cyrmy and O2M,

Comment

Cymru-sorry I misspelled your name! I would love to have that little game toy (x-box) you have!!! K

Comment

Hi Kriger,
                          I love spring, not too hot.

Yes day 16 today, and I have to give all credit to this site, last time I tried to go AF I just mooched around by myself (oh and the dogs of course) and didn't have any support. It's so reassuring having a bunch of people like yourself going through the same thing together.
                          It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

16 days! Great job Zeppie!

Comment

I feel gratitude for this site, also, Zeppie. 37 days ago I was a complete mess, ready to check into a rehab night program. I didn't see any other way to stop drinking. I was powerless by myself and had no self control. Within a week of joining this site I was on day 1-now I'm at day 36. It has been an amazing journey for me and a blessing to have met so many wonderful people such as yourself. We have lots of fun but at the root for all of us here in the Army is the serious quest to get control over AL. I now have more friends here than offline. Have you read the whole thread today? If not, please go find the serious post by O2M- it is excellent!! Have a good day! I have a vacuum cleaner demonstration to watch in a few minutes. Love ya, Kriger

Comment

Hi Shelbs,
                                How are you doing this fine Tues evening!!! K

Comment

Working...
                                X